Putin's getting punchy!

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by SELJUK, Aug 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Russia is to resume Cold War patrols with its long range bomber aircraft after fifteen years absence in responce to threats posed by other military powers. Won't be long then before our lot start mixing it with their ssn/ssbn's again.......sigh! AND here I am stuck on dry land for the duration.

Oh well - somebody else's turn to do the business; a pity, I could've done with something meaningful to do!!!!!

2. Scares the shit out of me, I`m off for a dump, bye :w00t:

3. Is it to late to take the signs down showing where the secret bunkers are as they are open to the public now?

4. Getting nuked by the same missiles we've helped them maintain...how ironic is that? :eek:mg:

5. Just as well that the RAF has the Typhoon (at long last) and the RN is getting new boats. What's the point of having new toys if you can't play with them?
    However one question remains. Why put bombers in the air? I thought submarines were the in thing.Of course it could be that bombers have a high profile. (no pun intended).

6. the russian air force probably has the same problem as ours. the point being to justify there existance :)

7. Ditto , but a bit more complicated methinks

8. I've seen those pics of the Russian summer camp where they all celebrate being Ivan and do other such military things. I've also seen those foreign invaders that we give legal aid to blowing my oppos up.

Bearing in mind; Russia lost the cold war, Russia have scooped loads of sparky stuff, we get weakened day by day by our own ineptitude, they're selling they're stuff to us while clicking their fingers (Whilst bombing the shit out of people that piss them off and nobody comments). Who won bragging rights?

9. Ok.. not entirely representitive of the points raised but fcuk it, you we're all thinking it.

10. If I wasn't paranoid I'd say we were westphalia. The children have come home, we need to show them home.

11. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

WTF?!? 8O

12. Russia is simply responded to the constant sabre rattling by the U.S. something it has never really given up since the end of the cold war.
    The latter wishes to build some part of its so called defence system in Poland, bang next door to Russia.
    This is causing a divide within the EU as the other members put pressure on Poland to decline.
    To divide the EU suits the politicians in both the U.S. with its failing economy, and those in Russia who may seek to expand their territory.

13. Why does the RAF need to justify its existance?I think they do a bloody good job.

I wonder how long the Russian airforce could maintain any form of patrol matrix,I know most of the A/C they have are relics.

14. Its called banter. I know the RAF do a great job. Hell someone has to referee the army navy rugby

15. The Government will find it very inconvenient to respond to this and the strengthening of China. It will cost money they aren't prepared to find. They will continue to run down the Navy and the Air Force because that element of Defence isn't currently in use and throw endless money at social programmes. When they do wake up, the Left/Liberal/plain feckless will then argue that increasing our armed strength would be provocative and fuel an arms race. The sensible thing, of course, would be to gain a basic grasp of warfare and not run down the fighting strength in the first place.

16. Loggie, were you PM we'd all be safer. But sadly smugness rules.