Pusser's Sneaky Beakey

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by cupoftea, Mar 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does the RN currently have a standing intelligence branch like the Army's Intelligence Corps or the Crab SIGINT lot? Apart from James Bond, obviously.
  2. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Int is slowly being recognised again, but cynics would suggest that it will remain the preserve of passed over Lt Cdrs for some years to come. Alternatively the RNR has a very busy and very professional Int branch which is deployed on ops globally.
  3. I've already asked about them at the AFCO and they said that my BARB was far too high for STC, but they kept alluding to black ops whilst winking and they even mentioned Vietnam Tom by name - small world eh - which is why I've decided to see if I can go laterally into STC via any kind of RN sneakybeakyness. It must be really sneaky if its not on the website :roll:
  4. Thanks for providing a serious answer PT, but you needn't give me the cover story. The STC was as good as revealed to me at the AFCO. My heart is set. 8)

Edit : My bold... seriously serious now : what is it that they do? I'm working towards being a WAFU but I'm just curious.

What sort of things would those passed over Lt Cdrs be dealing with?
  5. Join the army

Edited. Forget it, I just read some of your previous posts.

6. Passed over foreign mince pies?