Pussers holdalls for sale

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by scouse, Aug 29, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  1. My Friday while steaming kit. Memories, I think I'm going to cry!!

2. Too clean, that's not seen many turn too's

3. Can't be a Pusser's grip - no branch badge drawn on it and the handles aren't spliced sisal!

Mine was 40 shillings as I recall - quite a wedge. But with one's cap jauntily slung over the handle - great for hitching a ride home!

4. It says RN "type" grip, looks like a knock off to me

5. Well, for those of you with time, why not start a business making the bags properly and send them off to fashion magazines to review? If you're halfway successful, you could be smashing the backdoors in of selected models convinced by your argument of "try to convert me darlin'"

6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I remember my pussers grip (Green) being all material and no storage space, all about looking the part but with fuck all capacity for actually holding anything.

As much use as tits on a fish.

7. Pusser suitcase, weighed about 40lbs before you put anything in it

8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Haha, The fabled Large pack, what a useless piece of kit that was, I'm still amazed I went through training using one, we must of packed it and just left everything in it for the duration, payed good money out of a bad wage to replace it when I got to 40. (That said I'm still a fan of '58 webbing :) )

9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Fixed that for you... :thumbleft:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Still got my grip, bought in '73 and still going strong, I'll bet none of these shite modern nylon efforts with "Adidas" , "Nike" or similar emblazoned acrosss them will last even a tenth of that time!