Pussers counterpain....

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by RomanyRanner, May 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Last edited: May 20, 2013
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

The John Wayne paper with "MOD Property" stamped on every sheet... :)

3. Looks like someone has swamped that one.

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Of all the Gucci kit that someone could've nicked while they were serving and some sad twunt decides to appropriate a feckin' blanket..?! :shock:

• Like Like x 1
  5. He's a good lad, was on mechs course in Sultan around the same time, he used to sell ceremonial swords to the schoolie officers

6. [TABLE="width: 600"]
    [TR]
    [TD][TABLE="width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 100%"]
    [SIZE=-0][SIZE=-0][SIZE=-0]ROYAL NAVY ISSUE ISSUE COUNTERPANE
    [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE] ​
    Relive those cold nights in a Nissan hut, flashbacks to HMS Gange,s HMS Fisgard or even the old St.Vincent, an original pussers counterpane with Kings crown Royal navy badge in centre You will not find another on of these around £50
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Assorted hideous English errors aside, what the fuck is a 'Nissan hut'? Peter Nissen will be rotating in his grave.

7. SA80 A2 mags for sale.

Someone is gonna be in the shit.

What's the current stretch for stealing parts of a Section 5 firearm?

• Like Like x 1
  8. You get called a hero in the sun and your wife gets invited on the one show.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Oooh topical.

In all seriousness, mags are counted in and out of the armoury, even blank ones. At most units it's a day's pay if you lose a mag - that's before one takes into account whether or not there is any ammo in it.

You need to be a Registered Firearms Dealer to sell gun parts, that includes mags. You need to be a Section 5 Registered Firearms Dealer to sell parts of automatic weapons. It'd be interesting to know where he got hold of them.

Ooooh look, he's selling bayonets too.

This bloke is in the shit big time.

10. Pretty sure he knows his stuff.
    Very unlikely to be selling dodgy or restricted items.
    He's been selling militaria for many years. Nothing different from all the other military surplus shops out there.
    Top notch bloke.

11. My old sleeping bag would have been worth a bob or two but I heard it was used in some AI experiments.

12. Just checked and apparently it's totally fine to sell mags for SA80s.

Who knew?

I'd still love to know where he got them though.

13. He's based in Plymouth so I would guess there is a shit load of surplus in the area.

14. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

He's a mate of mine. Trust me, he's not a mug, he knows what he is and isn't allowed to sell.

16. For some reason when I left the mob in '74', my pussers counterpain came with me. When my best pal, my Border Collie passed away at almost 17 years old, I wrapped her in said counterpain and with full ceremonials buried her under the apple tree in my back garden. A fitting end for two faithfull friends.:sad5:

(Exits to not a dry eye in the house)

Fuck, that was almost poetic....but non the less a gen dit.

17. We had those counterpanes on our beds at school. Would love to say happy days, but it was shit. =-(

18. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Do keep up, MLP, a Nissan hut is the improved Japanese version. But it can get a bit nippy inside.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sold in the states as the Nissan quonset.

20. Is that a rebadged Qashqai?