Pusser.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Stirling, Dec 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does pusser still describe everything backwards, as in .......

size 11 boots DMS black FTUO

5/8 Whitworth bolts tensile high FTUO

glass, drinking, beer FTUO

sandwich, sausage FTEO

2. Probably, and what the betting that someone, somewhere in deepest darkest part of MOD is heading up some investigation into re-describing these items.

3. Are you reading your trouser label there Jimbo?!!!

4. Do they course of

5. You thank.

6. Fortunately, the bright young things don't have too much scope for buggering things about; it's to a NATO Standard. That said, it didn't stop the septics fom foisting Ring, Sealing, Torroidal on us, though.

7. That sounds painfull 8O 8O Would it sort out my Chalfonts?

8. Obviously well after the days of:

Class/Group/Part Number
    Ring 'O'
    Size etc

And I did deal with NSNs (as they were first known) through to NIINs - confusing on advancement course, kept interfering with the pee-ups !!

:)

9. No, for all the good it would do you might as well stick it up your asre. :wink: 8O :D

10. Should`nt that be...

Up your arse...stick it ??

.. :wink:

11. by numbers

12. I have it on good authority that Yoda is Pusser hence why everything is described backwards.

Just say the item in a Yoda voice and it all starts to make sense.

Hmmmm Size X Large, Wren, General Service, Shagging FTUO.

See.

13. whitemouse. suspecting that you may welcome a stroll down memory lane, how about putting a Class Group (IMC in nearly newspeak) to that O Ring (Preferred Size range, of course) then.

14. Hows about: Class 04 Group 13 ??

Given quite a few more ales, which meduim usually opens the doors to memories, I could probably drag out a few more old Class Groups from ze liddle grey cells - I won't comment on what the brain will feel after said few ales !!

I have always been cursed with a good memory for numbers, no doubt the peetakers on here will call it anchor faced, but as they say "sticks and stones" :p

;)

15. That’s pretty close: IMC O413 is, indeed, “rings and sealsâ€. The “preferred range†of O rings is O416; until some Joint Service zealot interferes with it.

Remember, if there were no peetakers on here, you'd know you were on the wrong site. :D

Wishing you all the best on 2359 and a big bit

16. And the same to you Kind Sir !!

Have a good'un :thumbright:

:eek:ccasion5: :drunken: