Pusser is not providing

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by toycommandos, Nov 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone had/having a similar experience????

I had a pair of Pro boots issued, within 2 weeks of wearing them around camp the sole disintegrated. I took them back to the store to get replaced and saw a rather large pile of boots (minus soles). What is going on with Pusser and their contracts? Yet again I will be asking Santa for a decent pair of boots this Christmas.

2. TC, you sound surprised!! Or is that just exasperation? :thumright:
    NZB

3. You know the score T.C its's always been a buy your own culture mate.

4. He wants boots not bloody Yoghurt nutts!

5. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

Sounds like a bad batch-it was/is a known problem. I've had a few pairs of Pro-boots since 1999 and haven't had any problems with them and that included a lot of use in Norway.

6. Erm.... It's always been the case of buy-your-own if you want decent kit, though I must admit the ROC were scraping the barrel issuing us with 1950s battledress in 1979. :lol:

After all, how else can MPs afford to finance their generous pensions. ;)

7. Is the S2022 like a equipment failure report?

8. Form S2022 is indeed the "Report of Short Comings in Material, Design, Support or Documentation" . Boots to boats; if it doesn't do what it's supposed to do, S2022 it.

9. The worrying part is, Pro Boots are at least semi-decent in comparison to those bloody cheap, cardboard assault boots!!

10. This document could well be raised for a few MOD lardasses at this time (My bold type) who think saving money is the be-all end-all.
    I can't really recall if we had this crap stuff during the 60/70, but then it was seperate MODRN / MODRAF /MODArmy etc and not the monster it is now.
    I know a couple of MOD bods, and they are none too happy with the organisation, but with the dictator and his cutbacks they are having to grit their teeth and stick to the job!

11. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Remember: all Pusser's kit was manufactured by the cheapest contract bidder... :roll:

12. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Being a submariner, operating a cold war boat, designed for the north Altantic and operating in sligthly warmer climates i wish the boat was provided with a thermal imaging camera!!!!!!!!!!
    I keep filling in the recommandations section of S2022's asking for one, but so far nothing. This would provide my section with indication of problems with equipment and action could be taken to rectify these. The cost of a camera at a few grand would be recouped by the savings in

1. Replacing burnt out or damaged equipment.
    2. Contracting an external contractor to conduct a thermal survey.

Every time i complete a ERC i ask myself, is there any point in attaching a S2022?

13. Whitemouse, I must congratulate you on finally having an avatar depicting that you really look like :lol:

[​IMG]

Steve

14. witsend.

Why use a S2022? Just get the Old Man to agree that you need one and place a demand supported by an S130 (Application For Change In Allowance of Accountable Stores; see DIN 2007DIN04-042)

15. Thank you Kind Sir ... :wave: