Pub comp for H4H again

Discussion in 'Charity' started by seafarer1939, Feb 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Here we go again,next weeks Comp in the local inn for the H4H fund is a bit of a broad church so:
    Who was the most famous person that ever lived[Jesus doesn't count as most of us don't believe he ever lived]
    Darwin[changed World thinking] Einstein[don't understand what he did]Newton [guess it was an enormous contribution]Inventor of Penicillin,TV,Phone etc.
    there's lot to choose from but mines already in.
    Although it was a team effort Neil Armstrong was the first man to step on to another star body,you can't beat that but we will see.
    Hope it raises enough.

2. Spartacus........he is everywhere.

3. SF,

I wouldn't be too hasty in discounting JC - the Bible is still a worldwide best seller (although the Virgin Birth/Resurrection accounts don't convince every reader). Plus JC is also recognised as a Prophet by all those Musselmen.

Then there's Communism..........
    Waning fast in the western world; but with 20% of the population being Chinee then Karl Marx, Mousey Tongue and Joe Starling cannot be discounted either.

Bob

4. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

The second man on the balcony of the Iranian Embassy - there is one in every pub in Britain.

5. Could be Alice!somebody's always living next door to her!

6. Gordon Bennett!

7. I'm gunna say George bush, it'd be difficult to find anyone in the world who hasn't heard of him. ;)

8. Kenny the Mong Tiger

9. Kilroy was here

10. So what was the outcome SF ?.

11. Not very good I'm afraid,we all took turns at choosing a topic,mine was the most famous Homo's and we told this guy that his was too broad a Church for this comp.
    In the end we all just donated some cash and forgot about it for a while.
    Some regulars said they were becoming competition weary so,although we have raised a real lot of cash,we will take it easy for while.
    Shame but I had my doubts about this one.

12. Oh dear - so poor old J_D's heroic Bro. once again failed to attract the attention of the ungrateful masses;

'taint bloomin' fair, is it?...... :wink: