PTSD

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Jenny_Dabber, Sep 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G'day all

I am currently on a Pyschology course and thought you lovely people may point me in the right direction.

I have chosen to research PTSD and why I think it is of importance to me and our society However, I do not know much about PTSD, I can look on the internet, no problems but I am wanting a more personal view and approach to this condition.

If you are willing to donate a few spare moments of your time for me, please could you drop me a PM on here and I will supply you with my own email address.

'd also like to state that any and all information provided will be treated in the highest confidence, no names mentioned etc.

This thread is not intended to be a debating area

Thank you in advance for your co-operation.

JD xx

2. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a condition which results from a Traumatic Event and is entirely suffered after a significant event, hence the term "Post". Statistically there has been no study to determine if the condition is equally distributed amongst the various genders as both sexes have different exposures to situations which can provake such a disorder.
    I along with my colleague Stirling have very recently experienced the symptoms of PTSD when we saw you posting in the "Last Post".
    To ease our suffering please desist from so doing again! :wink:

3. Just a thought. Royal are quite hot in this area i belive and the "Trim" course might be something you would want to look into

P.S show us yer tits

4. Jenny,
    First, it is an anxioty disorder and not a mental disorder. People that have it were first diagnosed with "shell shock" from earlier wars. Ptsd was first diagnosed from returning Viet Nam vets.

Symptoms: Lack of trust with other people around you....Putting your back at the wall of any establishment so that the whole room can be observed.....Packing a weapon, sleeping with a weapon at all times....Lack of sleep due to nightmares, nightsweats, getting up and recon your AO at different times....Alcohol, drug abuse..and suicide with the feeling of hopelessnes....Suvivors guilt, or why I am still here and they are all killed...Staying away from crowds...Lack of emotion concerning family members, wife, kids..etc.

The latest diagnosis from the Sand Box or the Stan is Ptsd with brain injury from concussion, etc. All soldiers have gone thru it, but now they are saying the brain is truley rattled from close up explosions making the people returning subject to ptsd and brain injury. Good Luck

5. One PTSD thread is enough!

Use the other one!

Angrydoc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.