PTI

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by 92HEY92, Mar 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am currently waiting to join as NASE, however would really like to be a PTI. How easy it to do? Whats the selections process and trainning like? Any information would be greatly apreciated. Thanks

2. Training is all hair gel and mirrors

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

4. master the phrase "can you feel that stretch" and give everyone you meet a deathly stare..... start thinking that you are a superior being to everyone else because you can run further than them................

5. Then there is: "To the Wall Bars ........... GO !

Comme Ça:

[​IMG]

6. You make that look a bad thing....

One word of warning: at the moment, PTI is one of the most over-subscribed sideways entry branches, and as a result only personnel with an "excellent" on their PT Aptitude will be considered for extraction, let alone be selected. If you want to be a PTI I would suggest that other armed forces, especially the RAF, may be a better bet.

7. Maybe thirty years ago, though surplus to requirements then, there were some who commanded some respect for their physical/sporting prowess, though little else that was relevant to a real job.

Sadly, the scrawny, hair-gelled mincers I have seen at Raleigh over the last six years fall far short of that degree of usefulness. Easy saving for MOD.

Edited for grammar like a PTI.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011