Psycometric failed

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Martin157, Nov 11, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello I took my psycometric test today to as part of the joining process however I failed narrowly on the Numeracy Section I have been given to options either wait 1 year or further my education & re-sit in 6months from now, I was wondering if a personal tutor would be able to allow me to re take the test in 6 months thanks in advance for any advice given.

2. I don't think so, I asked the same question. It has to be done at an accredited institution - University, College, Night Classes at an Institution. I do think online courses count: Open University, Coursea etc

3. Ah ok thanks for the advice

4. I don't think you can fail it? Do you mean you just didn't hit the score you require?

5. Yeah I just fell short on the Numeracy and was wondering if a personal tutor would be enough proof of me trying to enhance my education further so that I can re-sit in 6months

6. I got in contact with my local ACO and spoke to the RM careers advisor and they told me that a private tutor would suffice as long as I have proof that I have been getting tutored so for anyone who might be in the same situation as me a private tutor will be enough to see u get a re-sit after 6 months.

7. Why didn't you ask your AFCO first then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. What job were you looking for in the RN? I will say that I thought the RT was significantly more challenging this time around. I took it two years ago as I have previously applied for the RN and got through all of the selection process but had to withdraw my application. Personally, I think that the RT was easier two years ago.

9. Same happened to my son failed on the maths was in his final year at school went down the private tutor route (once a week) , for 6 months and he got a C pass in his Gcse so in his case the tutor helped.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Royal Marines