psychrometric test

i have my psychrometric test on the 17th nov, was reading through some forums, is there a minimum pass mark for the reasoning and mechanical parts? has i have read that there isnt one, its just maths and english you have to get at least 10 correct

thanks

malspal

Lantern Swinger
Troll through this section, page 2 your subject has been discussed before.
If you are really lucky someone might have posted some sensible remarks :D

ca1907 said:
i have my psychrometric test on the 17th nov, was reading through some forums, is there a minimum pass mark for the reasoning and mechanical parts? has i have read that there isnt one, its just maths and english you have to get at least 10 correct
There is a minimum pass mark for the reasoning and mechanical tests. For Royal Marines, it's 40%. 50% will generally get you into a lot of branches. If you fail one test, you have to re-take all the tests again.

You should aim to get 15 right.

Never heard of a psychrometric test before, does it involve some sort of measure of one's metal knowledge?

I know the Navy do a perfectly acceptable psychometric test however. :wink:

Joe90 said:
ca1907 said:
There is a minimum pass mark for the reasoning and mechanical tests. For Royal Marines, it's 40%. 50% will generally get you into a lot of branches. If you fail one test, you have to re-take all the tests again.

You should aim to get 15 right.
A little knowledge is dangerous. You've been standing in the wrong queue.

Get your hands on some psychometric books from your local library, is all I did. People I did my test with found that the BBC Bitesize website also proved helpful.