psychrometric numerical section

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ca1907, Oct 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i have my psychrometric test next month, been revising on the maths side, would just like to know how hard do the questions get and which areas are the questions on... just so i can revise on the correct areas

2. just guess! you have 1 in 4 chance
  3. Or one in eight if you've got dyslexia :wink:
  4. Or just look at the next guy/gal's answer sheet if you have a long neck and they look clever :D
  5. when i sat my test the test was so much harder than the examples so watch out and the time you get is really short so be as quick as you can with answering them, and u cant copy because you are spaced apart and there is a guy watching you all the time. good luck
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Erm...A or B,C,D & E. Yep, one in four. More or less. :wink:

The Practice Test Book is a fairly accurate representation of the test. The difference is that when sat at home with a cup of coffee, watching telly & having a tab whilst perusing the test book, it's not quite the same as test conditions in which which one has to complete 120 questions in 44 minutes.

As you noticed & as oft repeated, if you practice against the clock then you indeed heighten your chances of a decent pass mark.
  7. My advice is not to panic. I was panicking after I did the practice questions on the Mechanical Comprehension, and I just had to sit down and go over basic GCSE physic's for a bit until I wasn't so nervous. Work on your tables - it helps to know them off wrote. And fractions too. From memory, it's nothing too detailed, more the important basic stuff!
  8. If you know your time tables, division, muliplication, fractions etc, you will be fine, its just the limited time you get that relly goes against you.