Psychometric testing

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by liverpooltom1, Sep 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Im about to do my test at the end of the week and have been practising alot but its safe to say i struggle with maths and have been scoring around the 16 mark on the mock tests iv been doing, will this be a high enough mark on the day to pass bareing in mind i want to be a warfare officer?

Thanks

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

3. No that will not be enough. Also, if you are struggling with maths at this stage then you will find the maths required at AIB much harder. I don't want to dishearten you but your spelling is also quite poor, you will need to improve your English/communication before AIB.

I can't remember my RT very well as I did it a while ago but it was pretty basic. I remember long multiplication, basic angles, basic addition/subtraction/multiplying/division, percentages (whole numbers) and some rounding of decimals. Now I also struggle with maths but for an AIB candidate the RT should pose little problems. If I could offer any advice then I would say go over GCSE Bitesize and use Google to find hundreds of practice tests. You haven't got a lot of time but a quick browse in Waterstones should unearth a heap of psychometric books- some have been published specifically with RN/Army/RAF entrance tests in mind.

I have recently gone through the application process so any questions just ask. Good luck for your test.

4. Ninja when did psycho actually go metric?

Usually when there is a psycho a foot and they are out in you're yard with a chain, I would be a few furlongs away trying to convert it to miles.
    Unless he was a pole and inching forwards to perch on me head and hit me with a rod and I couldn't fathom out why.
    Then I would hope to shackel him with a cable or bolt like ell.