Psychometric Test

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Goosemaster, Mar 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I recently passed my Psychometric test, which im happy about, but iv just realised im not quite sure what iv passed. Does this mean that i am elligable to join the navy, or that i have achieved the required score to do my first choice of trade?

I have my interview soon, will i turn up to a 'well done for passing but you didnt do well enough for your first choice, heres some other options' or is it an actual job interview?

2. You have passed the first stage of selection. The interview is for them to find more info about yourself and if you are what they looking for. I suggest you you read what trade you are intrested in as they may ask questions. Find out as much as you can for example

BASIC FACTS:

How long traning is for at Hms Raleigh: 9 weeks basic Traning.

What Pay is like for your chosen trade and when you first join.

Dont worry too much but just have get a brief idea on what the Royal Navy does.

The interview i found to be quite formal chat just be yourself mate.

3. One other thing go smart ie shirt and tie and clean shoes this also gives a good impression.

4. Thanks for the info. Ill make sure to check out all the info on here i can.

From an academic point of view, does passing the test mean im suitable for my job, or, even if they find my interview, PJFT, medical fine could they still turn me down for not getting a good score on the psychometric test? All i was told was 'you've all passed'.

5. Ive got my test later this month, 27th. Any tips? ;)

6. Good luck!

Timeing is important, i only managed 3 quarters of the maths questions, theres around 30 on each page. But that might just be me.

Its quite straight forward, but i guess the fact that your being timed and you cant give or take a few seconds like you can at home, makes it alot different. Id say practice with a watch and dont cut yourself any slack.

Im sure others will be able to give better advice!

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If the AFCO advises you that you've "passed" it simply means you've passed with sufficient points for the trade you specified as your first choice.

If you hadn't, you will have been advised what, if any, other trades are available given the score achieved or advised to re-sit the test in 12 months.

8. I was hoping that was the case! Thanks very much for putting my mind at rest. I should of just asked at the time.