Psychometric Test

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Saxon, Oct 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Did my psychometric test today, and pleased to say it went very well. Apparently my worse mark was on the mechanical comprehension but that was still above average so I was really chuffed.

For anyone who has the test coming up, I'd recommend revising your maths. I was pretty good at maths at school but that was 5 years ago and TBH I think I was fortunate to do as well as I did today. Most the people who did not pass today failed on maths.

Anyway, got my interview for MCD next tuesday, so wish me luck. As always any advice would be great.

For anyone else in the recruiting process, all the best.

S

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Well done & best of luck at interview fella.

Just be yourself.

You'll be asked about your current fitness regime so a fitness diary is handy if you've kept one. Also your National Record of Achievement. (Yup, dig it out from the loft). together with all your school reports & any references & certificates you may have.

Whilst not essential anything "job related" would help- in your case any BSAC/PADI course certificates if you've done any, athletics/sport certificates & swimming certificates would be a bonus. It's not the end of the world if you haven't done anything job related, but it always helps.

Good luck to you.

3. Hear hear, also If you have done any uk diving or drysuit diving let them know, I was chatting to my RC about my diving (even though I wasnt going into MCD) and he said to me you wouldn't belive how many people
    went for MCD hadn't done any diving at all.

good luck :thumright:

4. Good luck with the interview Saxon!

And thanks for posting, it's nice to have more details on the test. If I might ask while your memory is fresh, at what sort of level were the maths questions? Right now I'm using GCSE level material to oil the rusty mental gears - would you say that's about right?

5. Done the test myself and can say the maths is more or less to GCSE level. I'm absolutely rubbish at maths and did no revision and yet managed to pass with a score high enough for AET.

If you're doing GCSE revision you should be sorted!

6. i had to retake mine for aet, then on the 2nd time i "passed with flying colours"

7. Helios is right mate, its all basic GCSE level, you should be fine. Get used to multiplying/dividing decimals,doing sig figs/decimal places and volume/area/perimeter. Its not as bad as it sounds, and if you prepare for it you will prob find it a breeze.

Good luck Omelette!

S.

8. Saxon - Good luck next Tuesday. Remember that divers do it deeper. I won't say what 'it' is because others may be listening. You'll find out in good time.

Good luck to the rest of you too.

9. Cheers for that Glazer. Glad to see someone else lurking around as we approach the wee hours. Im supposed to be starting a new job tommorow but my sleep pattern is crap. oh well.

Will let you know when I figure out what 'it' is lol.

S.

10. Cheers for the advice Helios and Saxon.