Psychometric Test Tomorrow!!!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Marshmallow, Oct 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, its been a long time since I have posted (as I have just started A-Levels and its been pretty hectic!)

But anyway I have my RT test tomorrow morning and I'm going to be honest all I have done is complete the small booklet they give you!! My results were as follows: 7/8, 8/8, 7/8 and 5/8! Is this the same standard as the test will be? Also, thought I'd add I got and A* in Maths and an A in English at GCSE. How do you think I will find it considering I haven't done much preparation?

Thanks in advance.

2. Forgot to add I completed each section (8 marks) in between 1:30mins (maths) - 3:00mins (Mechanics).

Hope this helps!

3. Good luck, i found the actual R.T a tiny bit harder, but i was predicted exclusion from high school not A* in maths and englush.

Don't spend to long on questions that's all i can say.

All the best.

4. Well, Marshmellow put it this way. I got B's in everything except Engrish and maths over a decade ago (D's). I never went to college or uni and in preparation for the RT I bought a few books on those subjects and studied.

To be frank, the RT is a piece of piss. I passed for AET, I've no idea how close to the cuff I was but nevertheless a pass is a pass and I do believe that AET has the 3rd highest pass mark. After Nursey and CIS I think.

If a thick **** like me can pass it then I'm sure you can. Unless of course GCSE's have changed since then. Did your's come in a packed of Smarties?

Anyway good luck mate and welcome to RR.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  5. Hahaha brilliant!!

When you put it like that, I shouldn't have to worry about anything!

Thanks.

6. If you were honest to yourself when you did the practice booklet and they are a true reflection of your ability you should be okay. However, if it's not, and you walk out of the AFCO having failed it for not preparing properly you will only have yourself to blame, and you deserve what you get. With less than 24 hours to go there is no point in worrying about it. Prior preparation and all that......

7. Yeah I know I see what your saying! I do feel bad at having not prepared very well, it just came round really quickly! I have been through the booklet today!

8. You'll be fine, don't spend to much time on each question and listen to the examiners instructions carefully.

9. It's really ******* hard. You're going to fail.

• Like Like x 3
  10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

There are ways to ensure you pass, of course. As you well know, MLP... :bootyshake:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Always an interesting one when it comes to comparing the practice test with the real test.

Generally very few individuals actually follow the instructions in the test booklet, if you did it bodes well. Most applicants will claim after the test it was harder than the practice book. They neglect to recall they were sipping a can of Stella, half-watching CSI on the telly, sprawled on the settee, arguing with Mum, idly leafing through the test booklet the night before, by way of 'revision'.

We witness a lot of graduates fail the recruiting test abysmally & a lot of people with no certificates from education besides "Most improved behaviour" completely blitz it.

I've witnessed a guy traveling halfway around the world only to achieve failure at the first hurdle simply because he was foolish enough to assume revision wouldn't be necessary.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Passed it!! I might sound a bit big-headed but it really isn't that hard!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. My RT score of 118 made me look like a bonafide genius. Not bad for someone who didn't go to school after age 12, gets stuck in revolving doors and routinely slices his tie in half with the office guillotine.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I find that entirely credible, we have much in common.

15. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hmm, you told me you'd never met MLP's Mother..? :shock: