psychometric test and freedom of information act

I was wondering if anyone has though about requesting the psychometric test papers using the freedom of information act. Don't know if they would release that information. I know the dvla had to do it a few years ago with the driving instructor theory test questions.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

BigD1980

Lantern Swinger
You can certainly try requesting said tests but i dont fancy your chances and it is also a criminal offence to release or forward on any infomation gained from using a Freedom of Infomation Act request.

I can't see how it can be a crime to forward the information gained. Would that not go against what the freedom of information act is set out to do. So the public can gain access to information freely by simply asking for it.

I can't see how it can be a crime to forward the information gained. Would that not go against what the freedom of information act is set out to do. So the public can gain access to information freely by simply asking for it.

Go for it then. They can only say no and if they do you can ask why.

I have asked for the information, waiting on a response. I have looked into the freedom of information act and can't see why they can rejected my request. Like you said they can only say no, no harm in asking.

Are you considering joining? Or have submitted an application but are yet to sit your Recruitment Test?

If so, don't be surprised if your application is rejected out of hand. If not...well, that's a pretty weird thing to do.

Spare_Rib

Lantern Swinger
Examinations are exempt from release under section 36 of the FOI Act (Prejudice to Effective Conduct of Public Affairs). The RT is intended to be a test of knowledge and skill on a particular day at a particular time. It will prejudice the process if some or all of the candidates have seen the questions beforehand. Also, release under the Freedom of Information Act, while to the general public, would not necessarily mean that all candidates would see the questions. As such, an unfair advantage would be given to those who had seen the questions, which would undermine and harm the process further. Both these are public interest test exemptions and there's no public interest in the actual RT questions being released as sample questions are provided for transparency in the material being tested. Release of additional questions would not add any additional transparency to the examination process.

Unlucky. But seriously, did you not think every Uni student wouldn't have already tried this?!

Can you tell I've written a lot of FOI responses?!

Examinations are exempt from release under section 36 of the FOI Act (Prejudice to Effective Conduct of Public Affairs). The RT is intended to be a test of knowledge and skill on a particular day at a particular time. It will prejudice the process if some or all of the candidates have seen the questions beforehand. Also, release under the Freedom of Information Act, while to the general public, would not necessarily mean that all candidates would see the questions. As such, an unfair advantage would be given to those who had seen the questions, which would undermine and harm the process further. Both these are public interest test exemptions and there's no public interest in the actual RT questions being released as sample questions are provided for transparency in the material being tested. Release of additional questions would not add any additional transparency to the examination process.

Unlucky. But seriously, did you not think every Uni student wouldn't have already tried this?!

Can you tell I've written a lot of FOI responses?!
Thanks for the information. It was worth a try.

Don't know what the problem is, always found the psychometric tests a piece of pi55.
I did worry a little when (for my present job interview testing), my colleague seemed to be only half way through when I had finished. Had I made a monumental cock-up? No - turns out that he struggled on parts I flew through.*

But as many have said - practice, get to understand the idea and concept behind each section, not what the answers are. And don't forget, on multi-choice questions, 1 or 2 of the answers are wildly wrong leaving less to choose from.

* - Also he is not RN trained so he was (is) on a loser to start with!! :)

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
For the OP; You can't even get a copy of your marked answer booklet under an FOI request, Lofty. It's shredded under data protection legislation.