Psychometric Stuff, m8

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ellio, Apr 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. psychometric test

hey all nice forum!

hey im due to sit my psychometric test soon im quite nervous about this the only thing im not so great on is maths and does anyone know any good revision sites to use im still at school and im not partucally good at maths.

and what % in the test do you need to go in as a warfare specailist?

i was also wondering what level is the test at?

2. Re: psychometric test

Im not sure about what level for warfare spec is, but they will either say you passed for your first or 2nd choice, I passed and did that in Feb... best bet I figured was to use the example book questions and study how questions and answers work, like a pattern of same questions different numbers if you get me.. Im not the best at maths but still did it! but in short just use the example book and study :p

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Re: psychometric test

Welcome to Rum Ration

The Recruiting test is 4 part multiple choice, 30 questions in each section & you need to aim to get a minimum of 50% correct in each of the 4 sections to pass. If you score less than ten out of 30 in the English or maths sections, it's an automatic fail. The questions aren't hard, but you need to work fast.

You get a free practice test booklet from the Navy which is an excellent guide to what to expect. Online tests are of limited value as it's a paper & pencil test, however a lot of people say the Brain Training games on a DS helped them.

A good book to maybe borrow from a library (harder than the test, but good for practice- IF you feel you need it) is IQ & Psychometric Testing by Phillip Carter another one, believe it or not is the Verbal, Non-Verbal & mathematics sections of 11+ Mixed Papers. It sounds mad but the questions are virtually identical- again it's the timescales that make it difficult. You only have 9 minutes to complete 30 questions in the verbal section, same again in the non-verbal & 16 minutes for the 30 maths questions. Sounds easy- try it!

The best of luck to you.

4. Re: psychometric test

thanks guys...
    i will try borrowsing a ds off my sister :p

5. Re: psychometric test

hopefully it will go well :p

6. Practise Test Info Please

Got my aptiude test in a few weeks time and wanted to do as much "revision" and practise as i can. Does anyone know where i can get either a book or some practise exams on the internet to help me along the way??

Help much appreciated

Cheers

:thumright:

7. Ninja_Stoker

Re: Recruiting Test/Psychometric Test Information

Welcome to Rum Ration

I've meged this post to the post that was two threads away.

8. Re: Recruiting Test/Psychometric Test

Ninja, stop confuzzing me!! Was just going to post for brucey boy and it dissappeared!! Then appeared here!!...Too early...

9. Ninja_Stoker

Re: Recruiting Test/Psychometric Test

Sorry.

10. Re: Recruiting Test/Psychometric Test

Buy this book : http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0340926554

It has a full Navy test inside and the questions are at the same level required to do well in the test. I recently did my test and passed for AET. The best bit of advice is if you don't know the answer within 20-30 secs or so then go on to the next question. Time is a a premium and if you dwell too long on a question you can miss 5-10 questions.

11. Ninja_Stoker

Re: Recruiting Test/Psychometric Test

Just saw this online psychometric test (on another top quality forum) and have to say it's very close to the real thing, in my opinion.

Be aware the site iteslf is used to "test" psychometric tests, so you are advised not to enter your true name or email address. Your results are calculated and the answers given straight away. If only the RN/RM Recruiting test were that quick, accurate and easy to mark!

The site is Here.

12. Re: Recruiting Test/Psychometric Test

past today thanks for the help
    the sites helped alot the test was alot harder then i expected :p
    :thumright:

13. Re: Recruiting Test/Psychometric Test

well done just the interview then its quite easy from there in the selection

14. Re: Recruiting Test/Psychometric Test

I have my RT tomorrow morning... I've practiced my maths (weak area) using the Brain Training game on my friend's Nintendo DS as well as a psychometric test book... I'm planning on using the GCSE bitesize maths tests tonight but can anyone give me any last minute advice for on the day or something I could do to help?

thanks, (a very nervous!) Soph

15. Re: Recruiting Test/Psychometric Test

Sophie the test is not hard at all.
    I failed my GCSE maths, but passed that.

Just take notice of the time and dont rush your answers but putting stupid answers.

One other thing... go and have a look in a tool box before you go =]

16. Re: Recruiting Test/Psychometric Test

Ok? do I need to know about factors and inequalities etc?

17. Re: Recruiting Test/Psychometric Test

Hi Sophie,

All the maths section of the RT test is ,is really basic maths ie Add, Subtract, Divide and Multiplication. There are a few fractions, but not that many to overly worry about.

The best advice I can give you about the test is do not spend too long on one individual question, it's only worth one mark. Also try to put some sort of answer down for every question, a good guess might just get you that extra mark you need to get the job that you want.

Hope everything goes well tomorrow.

Supermario

:nemo:

18. Re: Recruiting Test/Psychometric Test

Purchased the book and gone for the express delivery so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow!!! :money:
    Got my test on the 16th of this month, fingers crossed all goes well. :roll:

19. psychometric test!

wat percentage do u have to get for a pass?
    cuz im crap wid numbers and is brikin it1 lol

20. Re: psychometric test!

What job you applying for?