Psychometric Recruit Test

Hi, got my test in a little over two weeks time. I have looked over the forums and taken advice from posts about the test but I was wondering what level of maths is it? National 4 (Scottish level)? Its been ages since I done done maths so I am trying to do revision and remember everything I learnt in school. Thanks. Also any other advice would be appreciated!

Plenty of practice papers out there, google is your friend! The RN site has complete tests HERE. Not sure what level the maths is but it really isn't hard. 20 odd years since I was at school and I found it pretty basic. You should have been directed to the practice papers by your AFCO?

Thanks for the reply! Yea I have completed the practice papers and found them basic but when I was reading advice on here there was also other maths sections that were advised to revise even though they were not part of the practice papers. I'm sure I will be fine, also got a book on the way with 400 questions that are based around the subjects given to you in the test!

Hi

I'm new to this and appreciate any advice.

I wanted to ask, I am sitting my psychometric test for the second time (i passed for rating but want to become an officer and fell 4 points short in the first section)

I've been taking lots of tests and practice papers / I've also been learning at a higher level. Now , I do really well on the test but I was surprised I failed the second time on the day itself ( trying not to sound egotistical at all) . My biggest challenge is, I'm aware of the methodology behind each question , However, at times I have never heard of the word so am unable to answer the questions.

Any tips and advice for how to deal with this would be much appreciated and also if you have any other test papers I can practice.

The RN practice test paper is a good starter and I actually did this and got 85% which is why again, I was disappointed to fall short on the day. The test paper is correct in methodology however the questions on the actual test are a lot harder and challanging. In a way, it lures you into a false sense of expectation.

Thank you
olive

Hi

I'm new to this and appreciate any advice.

I wanted to ask, I am sitting my psychometric test for the second time (i passed for rating but want to become an officer and fell 4 points short in the first section)

I've been taking lots of tests and practice papers / I've also been learning at a higher level. Now , I do really well on the test but I was surprised I failed the second time on the day itself ( trying not to sound egotistical at all) . My biggest challenge is, I'm aware of the methodology behind each question , However, at times I have never heard of the word so am unable to answer the questions.

Any tips and advice for how to deal with this would be much appreciated and also if you have any other test papers I can practice.

The RN practice test paper is a good starter and I actually did this and got 85% which is why again, I was disappointed to fall short on the day. The test paper is correct in methodology however the questions on the actual test are a lot harder and challanging. In a way, it lures you into a false sense of expectation.

Thank you
olive
Buy a dictionary or thesaurus.