"Provisionally selected" - when to leave my job?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by hello_there, Jul 16, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I got the "Provisionally selected" letter today, which says to not take any action which could jeopardise your present employment. It says basically it is subject to me passing PRNC (which I was aware of course) but also being granted security clearance.

Does this mean that I haven't got security clearance yet? I completed the questionnaire in December and have heard anything since. Or could it be completed but they just word the letter the same either way?

I just need to start thinking about handing in my notice at work that's all.
  2. Hand in your notice once you have a confirmed start date,any sooner would leave you unemployed.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Well it did give me a start date on the letter. Will I get another letter after completing prnc?
  4. If you have a provisional date it's dependent on you passing the last few hurdles, keep your job until you have passed everything, speak to your AFCO if you are concerned. Good luck
  5. Yeah cheers.

Just this stupid security thing. The site is messed up. Firstly it won't let me log in saying password or username is incorrect, I'm 100% sure it is correct, so how that's possible I don't know. Then even when I click forgot password or username it says it will send me an email which it does not. And I've checked all spam folders etc..
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The 'offer of service' letter is generic. All applicants must pass prnc & gain SC prior to entry.

If you haven't completed your online security questionnaire, you haven't got SC. If you have, the status will change from 'in progress' to 'complete' once it is through. If you cannot log-in, use the help tab and give nsv a call. Make a cup of tea, some sarnies and have a pooh beforehand as they take about 25+ minutes to answer.

Once you have successfully completed PRNC and gained SC, you can submit notice with reasonable confidence...unless you get into trouble with the police, go into significant debt, pick up an injury, or the course is cancelled.

Good luck.
  7. If I rang my afco would they be able to tell me if its complete?
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

9. I can't log in because it says incorrect username or password. I can't use the forgot username/password option because they don't send the email to reset it that they say the will.

So I was just wondering if my ca would know if it's complete or I'll have to ring them up myself?

I did complete it 7 month ago like..