Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Provisionally selected" - when to leave my job?

hello_there

Lantern Swinger
I got the "Provisionally selected" letter today, which says to not take any action which could jeopardise your present employment. It says basically it is subject to me passing PRNC (which I was aware of course) but also being granted security clearance.

Does this mean that I haven't got security clearance yet? I completed the questionnaire in December and have heard anything since. Or could it be completed but they just word the letter the same either way?

I just need to start thinking about handing in my notice at work that's all.

Sumo

War Hero
If you have a provisional date it's dependent on you passing the last few hurdles, keep your job until you have passed everything, speak to your AFCO if you are concerned. Good luck

hello_there

Lantern Swinger
Yeah cheers.

Just this stupid security thing. The site is messed up. Firstly it won't let me log in saying password or username is incorrect, I'm 100% sure it is correct, so how that's possible I don't know. Then even when I click forgot password or username it says it will send me an email which it does not. And I've checked all spam folders etc..

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The 'offer of service' letter is generic. All applicants must pass prnc & gain SC prior to entry.

If you haven't completed your online security questionnaire, you haven't got SC. If you have, the status will change from 'in progress' to 'complete' once it is through. If you cannot log-in, use the help tab and give nsv a call. Make a cup of tea, some sarnies and have a pooh beforehand as they take about 25+ minutes to answer.

Once you have successfully completed PRNC and gained SC, you can submit notice with reasonable confidence...unless you get into trouble with the police, go into significant debt, pick up an injury, or the course is cancelled.

Good luck.

hello_there

Lantern Swinger
The 'offer of service' letter is generic. All applicants must pass prnc & gain SC prior to entry.

If you haven't completed your online security questionnaire, you haven't got SC. If you have, the status will change from 'in progress' to 'complete' once it is through. If you cannot log-in, use the help tab and give nsv a call. Make a cup of tea, some sarnies and have a pooh beforehand as they take about 25+ minutes to answer.

Once you have successfully completed PRNC and gained SC, you can submit notice with reasonable confidence...unless you get into trouble with the police, go into significant debt, pick up an injury, or the course is cancelled.

Good luck.

If I rang my afco would they be able to tell me if its complete?

hello_there

Lantern Swinger
Just log back in to check your security clearance: https://www.nsv.mod.uk/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/

Either way, don't hand in your notice until you've passed PRNC too.[/QUOTE

I can't log in because it says incorrect username or password. I can't use the forgot username/password option because they don't send the email to reset it that they say the will.

So I was just wondering if my ca would know if it's complete or I'll have to ring them up myself?

I did complete it 7 month ago like..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS CMA provisionally clears Amazon’s investment in Deliveroo MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA provisionally finds competition concerns in airline booking merger MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: CMA provisionally clears PayPal / iZettle takeover MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NIBSC selected by CEPI to test coronavirus vaccines globally MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Selected sporting events, TV and film exempt from quarantine MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK selected as Peru’s delivery partner to rebuild facilities damaged by El Nino MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Selected NHS patients to access coronavirus treatment remdesivir MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Preferred Candidate Selected for S4C Chair MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMNB Clyde selected for first UK military accommodation trial MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Preferred bidders selected for Sellafield project partnership MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Selected student police officers to receive Taser training MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Preferred Candidate Selected for the role of Comptroller and Auditor General MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Landing site selected for UK Mars rover MoD News 0
L Likelihood of being selected for BRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
A congrats you passed AIB... but unlikely to be selected Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
P How to get selected for the Gibraltar squadron? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
soleil Plant Engineer: "GE’s Electrical Drivetrain Selected For RFA’s New MARS Tankers" RFA 0
MoD_RSS Army and Navy rowers selected for Olympic team Current Affairs 0
soleil "Kirk Minister Selected For Top Chaplaincy Post In RN" The Fleet 0
soleil Royal selected for RN Boxing Squad The Corps 5
Married_to_the_Corps How are you selected for SF? RMR 14
P Training leave Joining the Royal Navy 8
MoD_RSS Do you need to leave your home area to achieve a better life? MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Public asked to leave a name and number with venues to help stop the spread of COVID-19 MoD News 0
P Leave or Stay Nearest & Dearest 1
MoD_RSS Parents returning to work after extended leave eligible for furlough MoD News 0
J HMS Collingwood leave dates UPO/Careers Office 23
MoD_RSS Leave lockdown in lockstep MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Furloughed workers to receive full parental leave entitlement MoD News 0
M Leave between phase 1 and 2 Joining the Royal Navy 17
RedShirt Leave during lockdown UPO/Careers Office 21
G Mobile number changed while on leave UPO 4
MoD_RSS Rules on carrying over annual leave to be relaxed to support key industries during COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government campaign to ensure workers are paid correctly for holiday leave MoD News 0
G Holdover Weekend Leave?? Joining the Royal Navy 7
F Summer leave Dates WD Bases / Shore Est 0
MoD_RSS UK set to introduce ‘Jack’s Law’ – new legal right to paid parental bereavement leave MoD News 0
N Can you use other bases/barracks sickbays if ill on leave Health & Fitness 8
F Raleigh Christmas Leave 2019 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS New Service Launched Helping Service Leavers to Plan Early and Leave Well MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Helping Service Leavers to plan early and leave well MoD News 0
D SMQ North Christmas leave 2019 Submariners 5
J Easter Leave 2020 Joining the Royal Navy 20
S Will summer leave alter Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
MoD_RSS Chief Digital and Information Officer Jacky Wright to leave HMRC MoD News 0
slim Should Retired Old and Bold Pharts Leave RR? Diamond Lil's 59
MorganCUFC HMS Collingwood Summer Leave 2020 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
MoD_RSS Paul Newby to leave the PCA role at end of four year term MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £10 million Turner masterpiece may leave British shores MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Rare portrait of the dancer Nijinsky may leave UK permanently MoD News 0