Provisional Date

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by OhSoCescyBaby, Mar 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How long would you wait before telephoning your AFCO to see if a provisional date has been set for you to join Raleigh?
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The AFCO will ring you automatically as soon as an alert appears on your careers advisers' computer notifying him/her of an allocated entry date. The Careers Adviser will be poised in front of the screen waiting for this to occur & providing they don't wake suddenly & spill their Ovaltine on the keyboard, they'll be on the blower in a thrice.

The thing to make sure is that you have notified the AFCO of fully up to date contact details. If we cannot contact you, we notify by letter.

Entry dates are allocated roughly a term ahead - for example entry dates for July onwards are being allocated now, so you aren't joining before that unless a short-notice cancellation occurs in your trade whilst you are top of the list before being assigned a provisional entry date.

If your careers adviser gave you an estimated entry date for, say October, then there's no point enquiring before the end of the spring/summer term.

Alternatively, as long as you're not one of my candidates, just ring him/her every day at 09:00.... :wink:
  3. Haha thanks for clearing that up.
    My contact details are the same as before, they've rung my number before and it's not changed so there are no problems there.
    They didn't give me an exact date per se, just said around 4 months waiting time. She asked for a place for me before I sent off my security questionairre, dunno' if you do this personally...
    As long as you're not Manchester AFCO I think you'll be fine with me ringing at 09:00 everyday ha!
  4. If it's the Manachester office you'd better to ring between 10 and 12, otherwise you might miss them. LOL

I'm a hot chocolate man myself!!!!

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yep, just tell Manchester AFCO I told you, they'll think it's really funny.
  6. And remember to greet them with a rousing "Hello sailor"...they'll like the thought that you are trying to be part of the team!
  7. Waaaaay ahead of you Polto, that's how I greeted them when I went to my AFCO for the ICP...I always wondered why I had undertaken and passed everything within 2 months of applying...
  8. can i aks what is it with manchester office lol just asking