provisional date

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by mark33, Jan 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Probably been asked before but i just chatting with my family and was asked when i will know my joining date. How long from completing and passing all aspects of application process is it till a date is sent through the post and landing on my door step? Sorry to annoy anyone who has seen this question before.

2. Well I passed all my selection at the beginning of November and haven't received anything about a provisional date. Although I did run in to my recruiter at my college and he said I could be looking at a July or August or September entry date judging by when I passed selection.

3. yeah that the same time i passed and was told about same time but was just wondering if anyone knew time frame of receiving the letter.

4. i passed mine in nov mate same story for me

5. what are you joining as im et(mesm)

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Generally provisional entry dates are notified about a term ahead.

Currently places are being allocated to people joining the RN in late June/Early July. There will be the odd "short notice" allocation to fill gaps arising due to injury, pending court cases, financial issues & people getting cold feet.

7. Thanks for that ninja so if i looking at august time i can expect my letter around mid feb march time is this correct?

8. Ninja_Stoker

9. hia mate! started my application may 09 and finally finished everything early dec! had my date last friday for 6th june! i am also going in
    ET(MESM)

10. joinin as a ws mate

11. After reading your post I was wondering if people can put their name forward for the short notice allocation or do they just offer to the next person on the normal list?

thanks in advance for your reply.

12. Hi Powell,
    I contacted my AFCO for a provisional date for Raliegh as my temp. job had some contracts available and they wanted to know what length of contract to offer.
    I was told that they were looking at the 6th June 2010 for me and that they have changed the way they are booking people on the RNAC, everyone will now go 3 months prior to joining.
    I am joining as an ET (MESM) too, I have my formal interview in 2 weeks due to shifts clashing with AFCO's 'morning interviews only' policy!!

13. I finished selection at the end of July and I still have no date and no real idea of when I shall be starting Raleigh.
    I had my catch up interview on the 10th December and my AFCO also said he couldnt be sure at when I would be going and I would just have to play the waiting game.

14. what are you going in as then mate you seem to be waiting forever.

15. Im going in as a MA. when I took my RT the waiting was at 12months, but it is now at 24.

16. Ninja_Stoker

Yep, unfortunately the employer tends to dictate when the interviews occur rather than the applicant. Life's like that sometimes.

Best of luck.