Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Protest at returning soldiers

ChrisW

Midshipman
“I don’t want to be associated with Britain. One day Britain will be liberated from capitalism and democracy and will be living under Sharia.â€

Funny, I always though being liberated and living under Sharia Law were mutually exclusive. He does know that if he doesn’t want to be associated with Britain then he is free to leave at any time doesn’t he? I would tell him myself but I suspect I would have to pick a number and join a very long que...

On another point is anyone else irritated by the media labelling these individuals as "anti-war" protesters? This winds me up for 2 reasons:

1) The term "anti-war" doesn't really mean anything. I cringe every time I hear this term used by pressure groups, as it implies that if you don't buy into their limp-wristed world view then you are therefore pro-war, and support all the horrors associated with war, and surely no sane and sensible person is completely pro-war?!

2) The groundless, sensationalist and very poorly researched comments on their obscene placards were directed specifically the Royal Anglican Regiment, and not at the war as a whole. This was not an anti-war protest, it was an anti-armed forces protest and there is a huge difference.

God bless all those of HM's armed forces serving in the middle east and a late but no less sincere welcome home to the Royal Anglicans.

War Hero
Maxi_77 said:
An interesting viewpoint on this subject, by some one who appears to have thought for 30 seconds before putting pen to paper unlike the Scum, Wail and Beeb.

http://defenceoftherealm.blogspot.com/

Seen that blog before, he seems pretty well informed and appears to have reasonable access. When I saw it before there were some pretty clear steers that he's a researcher for the tories, although the level of criticism for Arbuthnott in the blog might clal that into question.

ChrisW said:
:

1) The term "anti-war" doesn't really mean anything. I cringe every time I hear this term used by pressure groups, as it implies that if you don't buy into their limp-wristed world view then you are therefore pro-war, and support all the horrors associated with war, and surely no sane and sensible person is completely pro-war?!

I know anti war means little just as you do, but using the term allows the ******* who write this stuff to spend more time in the bar rather than finding out the truth. Equally the groups involved are happy because even if there are only 20 of them it makes them look as if they are part of some massive organisation all with the same aims. At the end of the day much journalism today is crap and regretably there seems to be little we can do abnout it.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Maxi_77 said:
ChrisW said:
:

I know anti war means little just as you do, but using the term allows the ******* who write this stuff to spend more time in the bar rather than finding out the truth. Equally the groups involved are happy because even if there are only 20 of them it makes them look as if they are part of some massive organisation all with the same aims. At the end of the day much journalism today is crap and regretably there seems to be little we can do abnout it.

Don't buy the papers

4to8

MIA
This anti-war nonsense has been around for a long time but seems to have gained momentum during the Viet Nam war when many aseptics hid away in Canada and other spots.The language and tactics used by these paragons of virtue were borrowed from the Bolshis ! The septics anti's continue to abuse returning injured ,including amputees ,from Iraq and from Afwannystan .

4to8

MIA
heres the ring-piece that leads this lot

TAKEN IN LONDON

4to8 said:
This anti-war nonsense has been around for a long time but seems to have gained momentum during the Viet Nam war when many aseptics hid away in Canada and other spots.The language and tactics used by these paragons of virtue were borrowed from the Bolshis ! The septics anti's continue to abuse returning injured ,including amputees ,from Iraq and from Afwannystan .

You are still falling into the slovenly journo's trap, there are many diffeerent types of protesters against wars, ranging from at one end of the scale those who support your enemy like thos who sparked this discussion though all sorts of other types of disagreement with government policy up to the genuine pacifist, whom I can understand and can havbe time for. These are the guys who in WW1 would not carry a gun but would happily carry a stretcher into no mans land to collect the injured. THat took every bit as much guts as going over the top in the first place. That kind of anti war protester should not be lumped with with the jihadist fifth column.

WreckerL said:
This was in todays "scum", apart from the benefits, living conditions, NHS and freedom to spout shite makes you wonder why he doesn't just fcuk off and live somewhere that does have sharia law

The problem is that he, no doubt, considers himself to be a foot soldier of Allah. He will not, therefore, usefully sod off to somewhere more in keeping with his ideals but stay here, agitating for our acceptance of them. These people are a cross between dripping water and a dog with a bone.

I do believe that these fanatics are the minority and must of the Muslims just want to get on with living their lives. That majority will probably still mentally agree with the aim of an Islamic Britain, even if they have no wish to achieve it. They do remain, though, voting fodder for any attempt to achieve that aim by British democracy. As come_the_day has mentioned the Balkans, let’s not forget what happened up to and after “free†Kosovo when the sandal found itself on the other foot.

4to8

MIA
Maxi_77 said:
4to8 said:

You are still falling into the slovenly journo's trap, there are many diffeerent types of protesters against wars, ranging from at one end of the scale those who support your enemy like thos who sparked this discussion though all sorts of other types of disagreement with government policy up to the genuine pacifist, whom I can understand and can havbe time for. These are the guys who in WW1 would not carry a gun but would happily carry a stretcher into no mans land to collect the injured. THat took every bit as much guts as going over the top in the first place. That kind of anti war protester should not be lumped with with the jihadist fifth column.
Not being a journo i couldn't give a flying fcuk about the first bit,but we are not talking about genuine pacifists here just plain old shitstirrers. Lets not confuse conchies with islamists

mattbea

Banned
Panorama otherweek had a topic on these protestors that do not like our western ways, the war in iraq and the ghan and lots of other things, but why in the name of jesus :D.... would they want to be here if they do not like any of our ways and how things are?

It must be for our economy which has gone to shreds anyway so now they feel like lashing out.

Must be!

icantfly

Lantern Swinger
mattbea said:
Panorama otherweek had a topic on these protestors that do not like our western ways, the war in iraq and the ghan and lots of other things, but why in the name of jesus :D.... would they want to be here if they do not like any of our ways and how things are?

It must be for our economy which has gone to shreds anyway so now they feel like lashing out.

Must be!

'cause if they go back to their own oppressed little cave-dwelling countries, they would no longer have access to sky tv, free mobile phones, halal-kfc, white girls in skimpy clothes.. this list could get really, really long..

mattbea

Banned
I really do think they get jealous of us celebrating christmas just because we have wish lists and they dont get one, otherwise If they did I think you are right... the list WILL get long lol

mattbea

Banned
Talking about white girls in skimpy clothes, they LOVE that due to the fact they can then produce.. wait for it.... "Babies" so they can then make more of them... like cloning, sorry to give you all a bad day after seeing that little hint.

4to8

MIA
icantfly said:
mattbea said:

Must be!

'cause if they go back to their own oppressed little cave-dwelling countries, they would no longer have access to sky tv, free mobile phones, halal-kfc, white girls in skimpy clothes.. this list could get really, really long..
And they can poke each other up the ricker and not be strung up

NotmeChief

Banned
broadside said:
NotmeChief said:
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
Let's not tar all muslims with the same brush, it's all too easy to act like the Americans here and quickly find ourselves in the "all muslims are evil" mindset.

ChrisW said:
the vast majority of whom are decent folks who don't deserve to be tarred with the same brush.

Total bollox - there is shit, smelly shit and there is Muslims in that order.

As a matter of interest, when does your membership of the Mindless Moron Society come up for renewal?

The problems between different cultural and religious groups across the world has less to do with the groupings themselves and much more to do with bigots like you who make such statements (from whichever side of the divide). You should be ashamed of yourself

Naval Gazer said:
Another demonstration that bigotry and stupidity are truly diversive and know no divide.

I apologise for nothing. As bigotry means - a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who thinks that anyone who does not have the same beliefs is wrong - So, I might be an ********, but I am definately not a bigot.

I think there are enough graves around the world to support the reasons for my views so not unreasonable for me to believe in what I want to believe and I don't think anyone elses view is wrong.

I suppose you would hug a chav as well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Coleymore Silent Protest Diamond Lil's 4
F Orthodox Jews protest about conscription. The Quarterdeck 16
soleil Independent: "Protesters Chain Themselves To Faslane Gate In Nuclear Missiles Protest Submariners 30
M Japan protest over China ship's radar action Current Affairs 4
NotmeChief Two men charged over poppy burning protest in London Current Affairs 12
L Thinking about protest? The Gash Barge 40
scouse Lossie protest The Fleet Air Arm 3
soleil Gib Chronicle: "UK Protest As Guardia Approaches RN Ships" Bases / Shore Est 10
W Syrian protest The Gash Barge 12
trelawney126 Marchers Protest at Sub Dismantling Current Affairs 16
Montigny_La_Palisse If you really must "protest" vote, vote for the obvious Diamond Lil's 5
golden_rivet bears have a negative image - protest! Diamond Lil's 2
B Flag Officer protest resignation/ The Gash Barge 2
theoldti Protest against the protesters Current Affairs 4
andym Protest songs. Diamond Lil's 19
MoD_RSS Returning to a regional tiered approach MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Payments delivered to over 700,000 new and returning students MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter from Chloe Smith MP to Returning Officers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pupils start returning to schools in England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister’s statement on returning children to school MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Returning students given more time to apply for student finance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Reservists returning to civilian work eligible for government support schemes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS SLC extends student finance deadline for full-time, returning students in England and Wales MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Parents returning to work after extended leave eligible for furlough MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Another leap forward in returning salmon to Yorkshire Dales MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 20,000 stranded Brits returning to the UK from South Asia on UK charter flights MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Nationals in Canada: Returning to the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter to Returning Officers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Returning refugees home and securing lasting peace in Iraq MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Plans to boost protections for pregnant women and new parents returning to work MoD News 0
vauxhall Resettlement Grants and returning to the Armed Forces Finance & Pensions 0
A Advice please. Partner returning from overseas. Nearest & Dearest 32
MoD_RSS News story: Armed Forces Minister visits Scottish troops returning from Afghanistan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Development underway for troops returning from Germany MoD News 0
Pandaplodder Letchworth war veteran dies in Falklands after returning for Rememberance Day The Corps 0
FunkyJunky Returning to General Service Submariners 10
soleil Herald: "Special Honour For Forces Returning From Afghanistan" The Corps 0
soleil BBC: "HMS Cornwall Returning To Plymouth Base For Final Time" The Fleet 10
Alfacharlie I'm returning. Diamond Lil's 20
K returning.... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
FlagWagger Returning to the UK... Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 3
sgtpepperband Hundreds line streets for returning heroes Current Affairs 6
A Treatment of Returning Troops The Fleet 16
MoD_RSS Science enables soldiers and aircrew to partner with smart machines on Salisbury Plain MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Somali soldiers graduate from UK-led training course MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Burial of 13 World War One soldiers brings closure to crowdfunded archaeological project MoD News 0
MoD_RSS BURIAL SERVICE HELD ON THE WESTERN FRONT FOR TWO UNKNOWN LONDON SOLDIERS OF THE ROYAL FUSILIERS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Army soldiers’ skills mapped to the Scottish qualifications framework MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Bolstering defence budget is not just about soldiers - trade will prosper too MoD News 0
vauxhall Lowest Paid Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen and Women to Receive 6% Pay Rise Finance & Pensions 0