Proof of qualifications

Discussion in 'RFA' started by goosefromryhope, May 2, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is proof of all qualifications required?

i have 10 GCSE'S and 3 A-Levels but I haven't got a clue where any of my certificates are.
  2. Do you know which Board set your exams?
  3. I am not sure but should be able to find out.

Would I be required to show the certificates?
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

In my experience in recruiting, there are those that have qualifications and those who claim they have qualifications.

In order to differentiate, certificates are only required if the job for which you are applying requires qualifications as part of the entry criteria.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Tanter I know exactly what your saying and anyone can just say I have this and that.

Ninja I have emailed the recruitment team and given them all of my details and asked for some career advice. The 2 roles I am keen on are Communications and Motorman which don't require and qualifications as such. However if I am possibly selling myself short i would like o be advised on the best career path and if that means providing proof of qualifications I will do that. Just gonna be a pain getting hold of them. I'm pretty certain my record of achievement has gone the journey.
  6. Why not go real Navy?
  7. Yes the Royal Navy is also an option I am looking at and will continue to do so.

Few things that make me favour RFA:

- My age
    - I have a tattoo on my neck
    - my fitness levels. At the minute I'm around 3 stone above the weight I should be and would need to be to get in Royal Navy which I am looking to shift. I boxed in October 2011 and was at the right weight then so it's not impossible to shift.
  8. What role do you do Tanter?
  9. The third item in the list can be dealt with, the second will be a problem. What is the tattoo?

How old are you?
  10. I am 32.

Tattoo is of my wife's name on my neck. It's prob no more than 2 inches or so.
  11. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

tanter wrote
    and other unhelpful contributions - which have been deleted.

Your signature block suggests that you have yet to experience the RN. Please only impart wisdom commensurate with your experience.
    • Like Like x 4
  12. I lost all of my Certs a few years back, you can contact the exam board you took them with and they will reissue them for a small fee. In total I think I spent about £50 and then found the old ones!!!!