Promotional opportunities for AET's

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by FistFullOfNails, Jun 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was just bored and was wondering what the promotional ops AETs have. Seeing as they go in for a trade is an Officer as high as you can fly?

Cheers big ears
  2. :roll: :roll: Noddy and Mr Plod Says that you have to be an Officer to fly one :lol: :lol: :lol:
  3. My tiff when I was a young NAM, (AET now). Ended up the CO, (pilot), of a pinger squadron.

Worlds your mushroom.

If you want it - do it. You won't be given bugger all.
  4. As the guy will be outside now (for a long time) I can mention his name without worrying about persec.

We had a young Tiff at Lossiemouth, really worked hard passed all his exams and quickly became the youngest Chief AA in the FAA.
    He then became an occifer and progressed quickly through the ranks.
    Last time I saw him was in 1985, he was a three ringer working in London, one of the nicest guys I ever met and never had a bad word against anyone. A good rating and an excellent occifer.
    If you are still around hope everything is still going well for you Dick Goodenough. :p
  5. Slim :wink: :wink: C/O of 809 sqdn Captain Alan"Spiv" Leahy CBE DSC RN joined the Royal Navy in 1943 as Naval Airman 2nd Class.
  6. Cheers, those were the replies I was looking at getting if my original post didn't make much sense :p

From internet research careers sounded a bit carved in stone but you've cleared it up now