Promotion Freeze

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by cupoftea, Nov 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

How did you just stumble across an article that is 3 years old?
  2. Published: 12:01AM GMT 06 Jan 2007
  3. Even if it was dated Nov 09 we would not believe it - the Telegraph is not exactly a reliable sourse of Defence related information these days.
  4. I actually found the article to be quite funny. 8O
  5. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

The Galaxy Brief was issued in 2006, implemented in 2007 and the freeze was intended to be in place for 5 years, so you are unlikely to be eligible for promotion to Lt Cdr by the time promotion is "unfrozen".

There may be a knock-on effect from clogging up the pipeline ahead of you, but my experience of these measures is that the RN usually overdo it and create shortages that need to be urgently filled. Anyone remember the "Black Hole" caused by the recruiting freeze in the early 90s?

Oh, and by the way, the Life in a Blue Suit is only the view of one person who left after 6 years, so I'd use it sparingly, especially the career aspects. You're better off getting up to date info from your ACLO.
  6. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

I found "" to be funny! Ridiculous and hilarious "ladies they will try and shag you.....".

Grief, not even half a dog watch served and a mountain of chips to bare; Bet he works for MacDonalds.