Promotion Boards

wurz

Lantern Swinger
chieftiff said:
when I left a year later a relief was found for me despite no-one being available for 2 years! :
This used to always crack me up about the mob. They'd spew this sort of crap, especially to command "no relief, he can go but you'll have to carry a gap" but whenever someone did go someone usually showed up, maybe not immediately but not in the daft time frames bandied about by drafty.

Back to an earlier point; Having your papers raised isn't everything. When I was on the charge signal (which I actually declined for a number of reasons) I was rated number 3 of a pile of chief tiffs, numbers 1 & 2 in my unit were both CW candidates and not selected by the board. Good guys, both I think subsequently went to Dartmouth.

I think I have had this conversation with the Chief tiff before but it may be worth repeating here.

Have you every taken your hand out of a bucket of water and seen a hole?????

Hard as it is fella's the grave yards are full of people who could not be replaced..

NO ONE is indispensable, as much as we would like to think we are

PINCH

chieftiff

War Hero
PINCH said:
I think I have had this conversation with the Chief tiff before but it may be worth repeating here.

Hard as it is fella's the grave yards are full of people who could not be replaced..

PINCH
Yep, we had this one before mate, then I couldn't believe how short sighted the service could be and sneered at their inability to see the wood for the trees, they're running a numbers game with a wiff of nepitism and losing good people for it..................................... now I really couldn't give a flying f*ck cos I'm far better off out of it, loved my time, loved the mob but I wish I had seen the light a couple of years earlier, still I'm catching up quickly. :thumright:

chieftiff said:
PINCH said:

PINCH
Yep, we had this one before mate, then I couldn't believe how short sighted the service could be and sneered at their inability to see the wood for the trees, they're running a numbers game with a wiff of nepitism and losing good people for it..................................... now I really couldn't give a flying f*ck cos I'm far better off out of it, loved my time, loved the mob but I wish I had seen the light a couple of years earlier, still I'm catching up quickly. :thumright:
Funny that!!
Been on leave for past fortnight and talking with the Mrs ref coming out, straw the broke the proverbial and all that.

Back at work on tuesday so will see what the iron maiden got to say for herself, probably just gash DO course speak but I wait with baited!!

JD