proliferation Lt Cmds

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by uncleTom, Oct 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it possible seriously to discuss the proliferation the Royal Navy currently endures of Lt. Cmds. ?
    This is nothing new. Golden- bowlering has happened before and should happen now regardless of cost.
    What is the point of keeping salaried RN personnel doing nothing against the specious argument that sacking them would be too expensive?

2. I think that this one has been done to death. How about the proliferation of Norman's aliases

3. True; but remains undiscussed in any sensible way. Try addressing the matter without declaring it dead.

4. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

Norman/Bowline?bowline2 - who ever, what ever you are, stop fishing for bites; who cares what you think.

If you can tell me how many Lt Cdrs (regular) there are currently serving and how many there should be (the requirement) then concisely suggest why you think the numbers are out of kilter then perhaps you could have a discussion, but with a weak and obvious fishing line such as the one you have just used all you have done is clarify that you have nothing to say or add of any possible value.

5. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

I've got to agree with Slim here, we had this in April, 5 pages of it. I know you didn't get the answer you were after or the response you expected, nevertheless it has been done to death Proof

You did well this time, of course we all know who you are but you refrained from bringing this up for what, a whole week?

Slip back into your other alter ego Norm.

6. wave_dodger

Norman/Bowline?bowline2 - who ever, what ever you are, stop fishing for bites; who cares what you think.

If you can tell me how many Lt Cdrs (regular) there are currently serving and how many there should be (the requirement) then concisely suggest why you think the numbers are out of kilter then perhaps you could have a discussion, but with a weak and obvious fishing line such as the one you have just used all you have done is clarify that you have nothing to say or add of any possible value.

7. 1 in 7 are currently serving at sea. FOIA response. That means 6 are not serving at sea. Civilians could carry out most of their duties?

8. wave_dodger

You clearly can't read, or follow simple instructions. Tell me how many there are, and how many there should be.

1 in 7 is utter rubbish, and as a throw away statistic it means utterly nothing. You are basing your "argument" on the fact that in your opinion jobs are only worthwhile if they are platform based and all shore jobs can be undertaken by civilians which is nothinh short of cretinous.

This has been dealt with before numerous times, I realise I've bitten but no more, you are a waste of my time.

9. ".............Civilians could carry out most of their duties? "

NO. F*ck off and annoy someone else. :pukel:

10. "Platform based"? My premise is based on MOD's figures that for every six Lt Cmds ashore there is but one afloat. Are you telling me the clerical and general duties they are mostly now carrying out ashore could not be done by civilians more cheaply? Is that a statistic you will be able, uncretinously, to disagree with?

11. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Which IPT requiring CEngs at 2 1/2 level could be manned by civilians with no naval/aviation let alone platform specific experience? UK PLC is rather short of engineers and technicians (proper technicians). Where would they come from? Why would they want to work for MoD CS pay? First Lieutenant at HMS Shore Establishment; civvy or serving officer?

Norman, tell us you are bringing something new. Show us that you read our posts and answer questions. Show us that you have ideas. Tell us what you'd do and justify it.

12. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

uncleNorm wrote
    You haven't got a clue have you?

13. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Norm, go away and study this Defence National Statistics

You may wish to view chapter 2 specifically, it shouldn't take long to realise two things:

1. We are losing people at all ranks and rates faster than they are joining.
    2. Your prejudice is irrelevant because you really don't understand how the modern Armed Forces work.

I suspect your 1 in 7 is rubbish, however just within my branch I could (but I won't) tell you how many Lt Cdr's are serving as Pilots, AEO's and support officers in Afghanistan, they may not be at sea but they aren't loafing around and they couldn't be replaced by civvies, go away!

14. Norman, nobody on here gives a **** about your anti-2 1/2 campaign. So **** off and tell someone who actually does give a shit. You've clearly got your head stuck your own arse and every post you make strengthens that perception. :knob:

15. Arrogant nonsense! It's the civilians ashore in the first place who tell the sailors afloat how things work.
    Its the civilians ashore who make all these gadgets we sailors play (and played) with. Is it inconceivable that those civilians who designed and made those pieces of equipment in the first place couldn't instruct our sailors how to use them without the expense of a uniformed privileged body of two and a halfs and above pretending only they can do it.

16. Perhaps Norm would like to volunteer himself to relieve one of these officers loafing in Afghanistan.
    He would make a splendid target.

17. That's as maybe. What are these Lt Cmds doing in Afghanistan? Shouldn't it be the Army or Air Force. What the hell's it got to do with sailors?

18. [/quote] Arrogant nonsense! It's the civilians ashore in the first place who tell the sailors afloat how things work.
    Its the civilians ashore who make all these gadgets we sailors play (and played) with. Is it inconceivable that those civilians who designed and made those pieces of equipment in the first place couldn't instruct our sailors how to use them without the expense of a uniformed privileged body of two and a halfs and above pretending only they can do it.[/quote]

uncleTom/ Norman, whatever - are you a second-rate comedian in disguise. The above statement is quite frankly laughable and supports the general consensus that you are a complete f*ckwit. The only reason I'm responding to your nonsense is because I am currently duty and I'm not sure there is much on TV :thumright:

19. When I joined the RN in 1963 we were informed that though we may be in the Navy, first and foremost we were soldiers.

20. Why are you fueling this pricks ego. Don't reply.. starve him of dialogue