Profound Thoughts for the Day

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by sgtpepperband, Jul 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
    Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." —Henry David Thoreau

Found that on the Keirsey Temperament Personality Test website.

More interesting thoughts on tolerence to our fellow man:

A daily dose of this by some RR members might make the world a more pleasant place.

:roll:

2. the last one... i maybe your spouse..... its like you have read my life.. so far tho no one understands me..... ah well one day to be accepted fr the strange one that i am............

3. SgtP
    He can't be a man cos he doesn't smoke the same cigarette as me.

The strolling bones

4. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people full of doubts"
    Bertrand Russell

"The truth is far more powerful than any weapon of mass destruction"
    Mohandas Mahatma Ghandi

"A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."
    William James

"Do not say a little in many words, but a great deal in a few."
    Pythagoras

For many more profound thoughts for the day try here, kept me amused for hours: http://www.cafepress.com/philosophy_shop/923543

5. I think I am, therefore I might be. :sign7:

6. A bit too deep and meaningful for the majority of us.

SF

7. Does this make sense, after what i've just been through it probaly does.

8. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

reading or thinking? :lol:

"Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity." Karl Marx

9. Do you realise SP, that most RR members are scrambling for their dictionarys? As far as I can remember (last english lesson aside), he was a pioneer of non-violent resistance. And he was American!! The mind boggles! (SBP your point was taken in by me anyway xxx)

10. Well if we follow that, it goes against all the style of RN Banter and we may as well wrap RR up.

Nutty