Profound Thoughts for the Day

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." —Henry David Thoreau

Found that on the Keirsey Temperament Personality Test website.

More interesting thoughts on tolerence to our fellow man:

If I do not want what you want, please try not to tell me that my want is wrong.

Or if I believe other than you, at least pause before you correct my view.

Or if my emotion is less than yours, or more, given the same circumstances, try not to ask me to feel more strongly or weakly.

Or yet if I act, or fail to act, in the manner of your design for action, let me be.

I do not, for the moment at least, ask you to understand me. That will come only when you are willing to give up changing me into a copy of you.

I may be your spouse, your parent, your offspring, your friend, or your colleague. If you will allow me any of my own wants, or emotions, or beliefs, or actions, then you open yourself, so that some day these ways of mine might not seem so wrong, and might finally appear to you as right -- for me. To put up with me is the first step to understanding me. Not that you embrace my ways as right for you, but that you are no longer irritated or disappointed with me for my seeming waywardness. And in understanding me you might come to prize my differences from you, and, far from seeking to change me, preserve and even nurture those differences.
A daily dose of this by some RR members might make the world a more pleasant place.

:roll:

the last one... i maybe your spouse..... its like you have read my life.. so far tho no one understands me..... ah well one day to be accepted fr the strange one that i am............

chieftiff

War Hero
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people full of doubts"
Bertrand Russell

"The truth is far more powerful than any weapon of mass destruction"
Mohandas Mahatma Ghandi

"A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."
William James

"Do not say a little in many words, but a great deal in a few."
Pythagoras

For many more profound thoughts for the day try here, kept me amused for hours: http://www.cafepress.com/philosophy_shop/923543

sgtpepperband said:
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." —Henry David Thoreau

If I do not want what you want, please try not to tell me that my want is wrong.

Or if my emotion is less than yours, or more, given the same circumstances, try not to ask me to feel more strongly or weakly.

Or yet if I act, or fail to act, in the manner of your design for action, let me be.

I do not, for the moment at least, ask you to understand me. That will come only when you are willing to give up changing me into a copy of you.

I may be your spouse, your parent, your offspring, your friend, or your colleague. If you will allow me any of my own wants, or emotions, or beliefs, or actions, then you open yourself, so that some day these ways of mine might not seem so wrong, and might finally appear to you as right -- for me. To put up with me is the first step to understanding me. Not that you embrace my ways as right for you, but that you are no longer irritated or disappointed with me for my seeming waywardness. And in understanding me you might come to prize my differences from you, and, far from seeking to change me, preserve and even nurture those differences.
A daily dose of this by some RR members might make the world a more pleasant place.

Does this make sense, after what i've just been through it probaly does.

chieftiff

War Hero
SILVER_FOX said:
A bit too deep and meaningful for the majority of us.

SF
reading or thinking? :lol:

"Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity." Karl Marx

sgtpepperband said:

A daily dose of this by some RR members might make the world a more pleasant place.:roll:
Do you realise SP, that most RR members are scrambling for their dictionarys? As far as I can remember (last english lesson aside), he was a pioneer of non-violent resistance. And he was American!! The mind boggles! (SBP your point was taken in by me anyway xxx)

sgtpepperband said:

Well if we follow that, it goes against all the style of RN Banter and we may as well wrap RR up.

Nutty

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
all_purple_now Current Affairs 37