Professor Stephen Hawking ill in hospital

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Jimmy_Green, Apr 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Can't stand the pretentious idiot - comes from Cambridge, but speaks with an American accent... :twisted:
  2. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

That's cos he was originally from Oxford..... trust a reggie to get his blue-brick universities mixed up! :roll:
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Sorry, Mr. Pedanto... :roll:
  4. "Pedanto"!?! The filthy beast! 'ang 'im, 'ang 'im, 'ang 'im!!
  5. Hawking has fought to survive and retained his intellectual credibility - even if I happen to disagree with some of his ideas. He should be commended for his courage in taking on his illness and pursuing his intellectual destiny and provoking much discussion about his cosmological ideas. Controversy is, after all, a great stimulant of debate and the refashioning or deconstruction of existing ideas.
  6. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

That's EurIng Pedanto to you :) :) :)
  7. Have they tried switching him off and then switching him on again??!!
  8. You nicked that out of this mornings Metro didn't you.
  9. Unfortunately an early death is the norm for those born with the disability the Steven hawking has.
    However he has left his mark in history which is an incredible achievement even for the able bodied.
    Hope he recovers but if not hope he doesn't suffer.

However I do find all the above comments very amusing and look foreward to reading more gems :p
  10. Guilty!

Good one though, eh?
  11. Indeed, though good to here that he is a bit better this morning.
  12. Quick oil change, charge the batteries and a set of new tyres and he'll be right as rain
  13. I think the best treatment is the Mikado's cure for all ills: a short, sharp, shock. Behold the Lord High Executioner and his cutlass! :twisted:

After decapitation he should think more clearly.
  14. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

I don't think you actually get to read or hear of Prof Hawkins' idea's to be fair, I'd be interested to know which of his theories you disagree with though?

It's worth writing him a letter (once he has recovered) you'll get a reply, I did.
  15. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

His contribution to physics (which is enormous) apart, what a stunning example to everyone not to write off people because they appear to be disabled.
  16. Thought his book The God Delusions was very good.
  17. So good in fact, that you didn't notice it was written by Richard Dawkins...
  18. Yum yum,nice fishy...... :lol:
  19. I did wonder...honest! :? But then I took the bait. Ah well...