Process involved in Navy Medical?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by mcleanio123, Jun 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2013

2. I had to hang from a horizontal bar bollocky- buff while the doc checked out my tackle, weighing each testicle carefully in the palm of his hand, he didn't check out the rod as he had a bad back and his own doc had told him not to lift any heavy weights.
    • Like Like x 7
  3. Hearing, colour perception, urine sample, blood pressure, heart and lungs, previous medical history, height, weight, lower abdomen check to pick up any hernias.
  4. BO and halitosis as well.

They check for them as they are mandatory.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Ask your AFCO, Dan.
  7. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

What's the hang up with the drugs test man?

Dont you want to test some random weed with the rest of the lads to see if it's bad shit or not?
  8. Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
  9. McL, Which job did you go for eventually?
  10. na it should be fine not really hung up on the drugs test, my ex was a smoker of ye olde herb so was abit worried about passive smoking levels as she always smoked it in the house but I split from her around 2months ago, personally I hate drugs and users hence why she got kicked to the curb.
  11. Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
  12. Time will fly by and you will be starting at Raleigh before you know it. You just have to take the rest of the recruiting process in your stride. Don't fret about your medical, concentrate on passing your PJFT, keeping your weight stable and staying fit and preparing for and passing your interview.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Oh interivew, I pray everything goes well and they like me, Im a freindly guy, head screwed on, fingers crossed. Thanks for the support.
  14. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

You're painting a real positive picture of yourself here hero, might be best to step away from the computer until you get excepted into the Navy.
  15. Had my medical a few weeks back and I'm assuming that they're all the same, but I only had to strip down to boxers (possibly because I'm 15). No further. Nothing to worry about really
  16. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I love druggies. They'll do anything for the money for their next fix. Anything.
    • Like Like x 3
  17. During my medical the Doc checked my prostate, this involves you bending over while he “inserts” a finger, it wasn’t ‘till I got outside I remembered feeling both his hands on my shoulders during the examination, he still writes.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. The mist has cleared.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Hey! I'm gonna be a pain and ask for some advice please I had my medical Tuesday, passed the tests on the day but I haven't yet passed the medical as they want further medical history, anyone ever experienced this before? Roughly how long does it take for them to review my medical history? I got an appointment with my doctors tomorrow to ask him to send my medical history to the doctor who examined me. I think I should of taken my history to the appointment, I mistakenly thought the doctor would have had my history there, silly me! Haha oh well, one step closer anyways.