Problems with the online vetting form!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by OMM, Jan 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OMM

OMM War Hero

Not sure if any of you can help me out, I'm in the process of completing the online vetting eForm but it fails to load.

It remains on the welcome screen with all the notes about the form and won't allow me to click onto the sections all down the left hand side that news completing.

When the form originally opens I get a message from Adobe Reader saying that the form has enabled extended features but they're no longer available as the form has been altered and that I should contact the author for an original copy.

Any ideas?
  2. Give the helpdesk a buzz on 01904 662 644 - they should be able to help.
  3. OMM

OMM War Hero

Problem resolved thank you.

I was already on the phone to them but there was a long wait!

The problem was my date on my laptop was one day out, doh!
  4. If you are using Google Chrome it might be the problem. Try using IE if this is the case.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

"Computer date incorrect" is a new one on me -are you sure? I just created myself an account with the computer set to 2012 and it worked fine.

Ideally you need to be on Adobe XI, using Internet Explorer as Drakey suggests (Safari, Android, Chrome, Firefox etc don't format the form correctly and it involves several 'tweaks' to fix).

Downloading the online form takes yonks unless you plug your computer directly into the router.

Once you finally load-up the form (screenshot below), you just click the "I accept" box & work your way down the left hand row of "buttons" so that you have a row of green ticks next to them (except the 'welcome' nonsense).

It's a good idea to click 'save' (bottom of screen) after filling in the first page - if it doesn't save, you're not doing one of the above suggestions - it saves a helluva lot of heartache if you get to the end and it bins your hard work.

As an aside - besides the fact it takes an average of half an hour for DVA, NSV or DBS (whatever they call themselves) to answer the telephone as they're busy inventing new names for themselves, the email address on the "Help Page" is now 18 months out of date and not monitored.

The correct email address is apparently: [email protected] but obviously then don't like people to know this.

Attached Files:

• NSV.jpg
      File size:
      88.9 KB
  6. OMM

OMM War Hero

Yes ninja.

I contacted the help desk and he said check the time and date at the bottom corner and I said 9:52 7th January 2013 and he went "it's the 8th today", quickly changed it on the system and it worked.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Good effort, a new & handy tip for those that follow, maybe it depends on the operating system.

8. When's your AIB date?
  9. OMM

OMM War Hero

Never, I'm not going for officer.
  10. Never say never.
  11. OMM

OMM War Hero

I would take commission if offered, but lets concentrate on getting in first!

Plus you don't have to do AIB for commission when you're already in do you? Only direct entry.
  12. Er, yes you do. Anyone commissioning has to take the AIB, even those who are in.
  13. OMM

OMM War Hero

Ah right, no point worrying about anything like that now. Like I said I'm happy to remain a rating rather than officer but would take the opportunity if it arises.