Problems breathing

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Jenny_Dabber, Oct 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right folks,

Need some real medical advice, so if your a nurse or doc, please do step forward or I will be accountable for a mass murder spree at my hospital!

I am having problems breathing and yes, the main problem is due to the pregnancy. But when the weather changes to a humid aspect, my problems start. I run short of breathe, then the areas around the front and back of my lungs tighten and it's so painful, I can't take in deep breathes, only little ones every second or so. I'll also throw up with this and the pain is unbearable at this point.

I find that being in a room with the a/c on full blast a 16 degrees c helps to relax me.

I've had cardio tests and such, and the hospitals still can not find what is wrong. Baby is 100% fine though, that's the good thing, it's just me!

Along with this, I get incredible heart burn and a headache. The doctor's suggested today that could be suffering from asthma attacks, yet been given nada for it.

Any one have a slightest clue???

2. Sadly jenny i think its all due to your advanced stage of preggerness.Gastric reflux is well know when pregnant,some Mist mag tri or Gavilast should help.Does the breathing get worse when lying down or relieved by having your head on your hands on a table while in a chair.

3. Andy ya beat me to it.

JD the symptoms are as Andy suggests. You are producing too much stomach acid and its your intestines and gullet causing the pain.

Only snag is you are a bit close to baby time so watch the medicines
    you do take ----- get your doc to prescribe .

Meanwhile make sure you eat regularily and not too much fatty foods.

Its frightening--when I first had it I though I was having heart attacks.
    Have had x-ray and the endoscope and have been on low dose omeprazole
    Still get the odd day problems but its usually after greasy meals.

Take care anyway

:nemo: :nemo:

4. I have to sit upright, I can't lay down at all, the pain is worse. They put me on O2 but it doesn't help the pain. I think the pain is made worse when I get upset or anxious, I really do find being ina freezing cold room and trying to relax helps it pass but it worries me.

Thankyou greenie, the doc;s have given me Maalox for the heartburn and it tastes like chalk ewk!!!!

5. Hi Jenny….sorry to hear you’re having trouble breathing………..

You could try taking your foot out of your mouth..

Hope this helps xx

….

6. Maalox is Ok --you can get different flavours now!!!
    Its non prescription too.

If it keeps on tell him you need gastro resistant medication it stops you over producing stomach acid --if its left too long it could affect your lungs
    and throat. The acid creeps up from your stomach.
    Main thing is to eat --always have breakfast .

:nemo: :nemo:

7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

JD: Bet you wish you'd let him have **** now, don't ya?! 8O :wink:

8. Cheeky git, his xmas pressie will be a blow up doll now lol

Had my growth scan today for the baby, he is measuring in at 3.5 kilos!!! Thats around 7lbs already, so I can now see why it's affecting me. I'll find out this Friday if I am to be induced or if they will let me go the last 2 weeks!

9. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Ouch...make sure they whack in a few extra stiches after you've given birth

Best of luck.

10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Being a Wren's 'carpet commando' it'll probably be adrift... :lol:

Good luck anyway, and hope you get your breathing problem sorted out.

11. Thank you xx

12. Jenny have you popped yet, or are you still hanging on?............and hows the breathing been?

x