Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Probably a stupid question but.....

wannabe

Newbie
I have made a mistake on my application form, is it best just to cross it out and leave it or get a new application form and do it over again? :oops:
 

wannabe

Newbie
Put the wrong postcode in for an address - put my address and ended up writing mum and dads postcode. Pretty fuc*king stupid i know!
 

andym

War Hero
DONT Tippex it out,DONT scribble it out.Draw a line through it using a ruler.The ensure the correct one is entered.I was always told by my old man to fill forms in with a pencil first,then use a fountain pen when you checked it was all ok,then gently rub out the pencil.
 

wannabe

Newbie
andym said:
DONT Tippex it out,DONT scribble it out.Draw a line through it using a ruler.The ensure the correct one is entered.I was always told by my old man to fill forms in with a pencil first,then use a fountain pen when you checked it was all ok,then gently rub out the pencil.

Thats all I have done, put a line through it and put the right one next to it.
 

Waspie

War Hero
I suspect a simple line through the error, initial it and write the correct post code would suffice.

Or you could pop into your nearest AFCO and request a new form. Come clean, tell em you made a horlicks of the original.

Use the first to get it right then the new one to complete correctly.


Edit.

Tip. When filing out forms, do it rough on a blank sheet of paper, when you have all the information you need, complete the form. Saves unnecessary crossings out.
 

_Tim_

Banned
I don't know if anyone really cares, but I'll say it anyway. I made some photocopies of the form to practice on-Better there than on the original. If you get a new form, I recommend doing it :)
 

Waspie

War Hero
_Tim_ said:
I don't know if anyone really cares, but I'll say it anyway. I made some photocopies of the form to practice on-Better there than on the original. If you get a new form, I recommend doing it :)

Useful. I'll hold my hand up to doing it too.
 

JaFAA

Lantern Swinger
Hang on I'll have a quick check of the official guide on how to fill in a form.

...


...

Oh yeah that's it, you just have to correct the mistake and carry on filling it in...
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
JaFAA said:
Hang on I'll have a quick check of the official guide on how to fill in a form....
Oh yeah that's it, you just have to correct the mistake and carry on filling it in...

Correct.
Correct it.
Forget it.

We don't use handwriting analysis on application forms anyway.

If we did, the psychoanalysts/phrenologists (or whatever they call themselves), would probably deduce that the average 16 year-old lad has the handwriting of a female, mid 30s to 40s, who has a son who wants to join the Navy/Marines but is crap at writing and spelling.

In the ideal world the forms could be completed online, but in this one - we're normally rather pleased if we can understand what's written & there aren't too many swearwords on the application form.
 

Jimmy_Green

War Hero
Ninja_Stoker said:
JaFAA said:
Hang on I'll have a quick check of the official guide on how to fill in a form....
Oh yeah that's it, you just have to correct the mistake and carry on filling it in...

Correct.
Correct it.
Forget it.

We don't use handwriting analysis on application forms anyway.

If we did, the psychoanalysts/phrenologists (or whatever they call themselves), would probably deduce that the average 16 year-old lad has the handwriting of a female, mid 30s to 40s, who has a son who wants to join the Navy/Marines but is crap at writing and spelling.

In the ideal world the forms could be completed online, but in this one - we're normally rather pleased if we can understand what's written & there aren't too many swearwords on the application form.

Phrenology, the 'science' of reading the bumps on one's head. When I joined the mob it was the recruiters that put the bumps on my head. I faintly recall taking a few sips of me beer, feeling woozy then getting a thwack on the back of my napper. Next I knew I woke up at sea, Shanghaied away, with a big bump on my head. That Andrew Miller's got a lot to answer for.
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
Jimmy_Green said:
When I joined the mob it was the recruiters that put the bumps on my head. I faintly recall taking a few sips of me beer, feeling woozy then getting a thwack on the back of my napper. Next I knew I woke up at sea, Shanghaied away, with a big bump on my head. That Andrew Miller's got a lot to answer for.

Ah, them were the days.

Good ol' Dusty, taught me all I know now.

(Took about ten minutes).
 
Yeah i have a stupid question too. I used a blue ink pen to fill out my application form. the form said to use a black ink one (the pen i used was back so i assumed the ink.......), not until i was almost finished i realized i was using the wrong pen, should i get a new one or just continue?
 

Drakey

War Hero
black_mamba said:
Yeah i have a stupid question too. I used a blue ink pen to fill out my application form. the form said to use a black ink one (the pen i used was back so i assumed the ink.......), not until i was almost finished i realized i was using the wrong pen, should i get a new one or just continue?

Get your eyes tested first! dink
 
Got to agree with you there black mamba, that really is a stupid fukcing question, coming from someone who is Really Stupid.

You will go far in the Writers Branch.
 

mattbea

Banned
Mate, if you are like me and Bsh*t it all then best bet is to stick to the BS.... they will never know ;) :p...... totally follow my actions and you will be cleared and through with it all.
 
mattbea said:
Mate, if you are like me and Bsh*t it all then best bet is to stick to the BS.... they will never know ;) :p...... totally follow my actions and you will be cleared and through with it all.

Good advice from someone who didn't make it into the RN. You fcukin puketard. Go and stick your head in an oven, make sure it's gas though.
 

slim

War Hero
mattbea said:
Mate, if you are like me and Bsh*t it all then best bet is to stick to the BS.... they will never know ;) :p...... totally follow my actions and you will be cleared and through with it all.

If he follows your advice he will end up burger flipping in McDonalds.
I suppose you are speaking from your vast experience of service in the RN
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Merlin28 Stupid question probably The Gash Barge 4
R Probably a stupid question... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
O In need of advice. Probably wrong section of fourm Joining the Royal Navy 12
B Your probably all a bit too skin for this but..... The Corps 0
F Probably my last ever thread Diamond Lil's 60
P Probably the most we'll ever see of the carrier(s) sailing The Fleet 17
safeguard12clips AFPS 2015. You probably won't like this. Finance & Pensions 6
C Probably a FAQ but I need to ask Health & Fitness 12
A Probably a daft question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
DavidK1983 Probably a question you've answered a thousand times...! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
R Probably not in the right Section But...... The Fleet 14
snapdragon Probably my last topic post before Raleigh! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 36
andym Probably........... Diamond Lil's 29
T Why I'll probably withdraw my application to Join Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 13
slim Smart Motorways, a good idea or a Stupid one? Current Affairs 25
P Stupid self harm Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
K Stupid question alert !! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Newbies - 'Stupid Question' or 'No such thing' Diamond Lil's 16
birdman26 Faslane stupid question Bases / Shore Est 21
S Just another stupid question about drug convictions Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
T Stupid Question: how to get from ferry to AIB RFA 6
K Stupid question: presentation evening dress code Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 8
janner Who says Scousers are stupid Miscellaneous 14
stan_the_man Whats the most stupid thing you've done Diamond Lil's 63
K Stupid Question Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 34
jefferson1666 stupid asthma problems.. sorry angry doc o worry alot about these things.. Health & Fitness 18
S How mad/stupid at school were you? The Gash Barge 23
Joe_Crow C4 news - Deliberate lies or just too stupid to report things accurately? Current Affairs 10
The_Caretaker Plane Stupid Land Ops 0
Shakey Stupid business URLs Miscellaneous 0
T No such thing as a stupid question. Diamond Lil's 20
finknottle Are they really that stupid? Current Affairs 68
C Silly stupid orange mobile contracts argh!!!!! RANT! The Gash Barge 8
seenoffteefcuk LUCKY, UNLUCKY, OR PLAIN STUPID. Diamond Lil's 7
U Potentially stupid question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
sgtpepperband Are Birds Stupid? The Quarterdeck 18
C Potentially a Very Stupid Question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
NotmeChief Some say Americans are Stupid - are they? The Quarterdeck 2
SILVER_FOX THIS WEEKS WINNER OF THE "MOST STUPID" AWARD GOES TO .... Current Affairs 13
H Weapon tech, stupid question. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
scouse_B Stupid Remarks Submariners 48
T Stupid question... History 9
seafruit what?! stupid computer! Blogs 0
W Off to Raleigh - 4th Nov - Quick ( stupid ) question! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 37
andym Mr Livingstones latest stupid idea! Diamond Lil's 17
dixie_gooner How stupid can he be? Diamond Lil's 29
josiecats Stupid Question No 4.. WHY????????????? The Gash Barge 16
P Second Time Stupid Diamond Lil's 8
brazenhussy stupid interview!! The Quarterdeck 17
P stupid question coming up Submariners 14
Similar threads


















































New Posts

Top