Probably a stupid question but.....

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by wannabe, Feb 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have made a mistake on my application form, is it best just to cross it out and leave it or get a new application form and do it over again? :oops:
  2. Just for clarity, what kind of mistake?
  3. Put the wrong postcode in for an address - put my address and ended up writing mum and dads postcode. Pretty fuc*king stupid i know!
  4. DONT Tippex it out,DONT scribble it out.Draw a line through it using a ruler.The ensure the correct one is entered.I was always told by my old man to fill forms in with a pencil first,then use a fountain pen when you checked it was all ok,then gently rub out the pencil.
  5. Thats all I have done, put a line through it and put the right one next to it.
  6. I suspect a simple line through the error, initial it and write the correct post code would suffice.

Or you could pop into your nearest AFCO and request a new form. Come clean, tell em you made a horlicks of the original.

Use the first to get it right then the new one to complete correctly.

Tip. When filing out forms, do it rough on a blank sheet of paper, when you have all the information you need, complete the form. Saves unnecessary crossings out.
  7. I don't know if anyone really cares, but I'll say it anyway. I made some photocopies of the form to practice on-Better there than on the original. If you get a new form, I recommend doing it :)
  8. Useful. I'll hold my hand up to doing it too.
  9. Hang on I'll have a quick check of the official guide on how to fill in a form.

Oh yeah that's it, you just have to correct the mistake and carry on filling it in...
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Correct it.
    Forget it.

We don't use handwriting analysis on application forms anyway.

If we did, the psychoanalysts/phrenologists (or whatever they call themselves), would probably deduce that the average 16 year-old lad has the handwriting of a female, mid 30s to 40s, who has a son who wants to join the Navy/Marines but is crap at writing and spelling.

In the ideal world the forms could be completed online, but in this one - we're normally rather pleased if we can understand what's written & there aren't too many swearwords on the application form.
  11. Phrenology, the 'science' of reading the bumps on one's head. When I joined the mob it was the recruiters that put the bumps on my head. I faintly recall taking a few sips of me beer, feeling woozy then getting a thwack on the back of my napper. Next I knew I woke up at sea, Shanghaied away, with a big bump on my head. That Andrew Miller's got a lot to answer for.
  12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Ah, them were the days.

Good ol' Dusty, taught me all I know now.

(Took about ten minutes).
  13. Yeah i have a stupid question too. I used a blue ink pen to fill out my application form. the form said to use a black ink one (the pen i used was back so i assumed the ink.......), not until i was almost finished i realized i was using the wrong pen, should i get a new one or just continue?
  14. Get your eyes tested first! dink
  15. Got to agree with you there black mamba, that really is a stupid fukcing question, coming from someone who is Really Stupid.

You will go far in the Writers Branch.
  16. Mate, if you are like me and Bsh*t it all then best bet is to stick to the BS.... they will never know ;) :p...... totally follow my actions and you will be cleared and through with it all.
  17. Ahem. No, Matt. I'd rather do as the recruiters say ;)
  18. Good advice from someone who didn't make it into the RN. You fcukin puketard. Go and stick your head in an oven, make sure it's gas though.
  19. If he follows your advice he will end up burger flipping in McDonalds.
    I suppose you are speaking from your vast experience of service in the RN