Probably a question you've answered a thousand times...!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by DavidK1983, Apr 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All

Yet another newbie looking for help!

I have my RT next Wednesday and hopefully my interview etc. soon after that.

My only problem (and it has got me really worried) is that I have have a couple of defaults on my Credit File and I want to know whether this is going to rule me out? I have arrangements to pay them - and have done for some time (about 3 years) - and never missed one. It amounts to about £200 per month so its not un-manageable. I havent any CCJ's or anything, but when I checked my credit file via Equifax it still registers as a Default, even though it also shows I have being paying each and every month.

I have tried searching the site for answers but have read a couple of conflicting answers so I hope someone will be able to give me some firm advice!

2. It's shouldn't be a problem, but when you fill out your security form (1109), make sure you make a note of it as they will do a finance check on you using Experian. Basically they are looking for honesty. £200 pm is not excessive.

4. Thanks! Its turning out to be quite a lengthy process as it is and I was really worried about silly mistakes in the past ruining my future!

Still it will all be worth it in the end - I work with about 15 ex naval guys and aside from the usual moans and gripes it seems joining up is one of the best decisions I could make!
  5. Thanks for that - I was going to ask about practice questions etc. as I've been through the free book a few times and wanted some more to practice on.