Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. These are mainly things I've heard, and that I'm seeking confirmation for...

- What do we wear during the week? Do we get issued kit? If we do get issued kit, does this stay with us through PRNC & Raleigh? If we do not get issued kit, then through this week would we just wear the dress shirt, trousers, tie & shoes that we took?

- Swimming test- Do I have to do a specific stroke or is any stroke okay?

Thanks guys!
  2. Your couple of days at PRNC you get two t-shirts, rugby styled top, trousers, boots and a jacket when it get properly cold. The only kit you will have to keep is the boots which you will get if you pass. Just remember if your a half size with you shoes bring extra socks as the RN does not do half sizes.

For your swimming test it is any stroke but when I attended majority were doing breast stroke as when you have your boiler suit on it will be heavy, but ultimately it's your choice.
  3. Cheers! So at the end of the week we give all kit back apart from the boots?
  4. You give back the black boots you're given to wear for PRNC in exchange for the brown boots you get if you pass (which you keep and take home)
  5. It's like a trophy! :D