Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by joesafc, Jan 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it true that at PRNC, the fitness tests are going to be changed soon? I heard that they are introducing pass/fail strength tests?
  2. OMM

OMM War Hero

Well why don't you train to be your best in preparation and avoid any disappointment.

The fitness standards are never going to be too challenging anyway.
  3. The only person who can tell you is your CA. TBH I hope they do, The standard pass rates at the moment are piss easy.
  4. Yeah I shouldn't have problems with it, it isn't till June anyway. Plus Ive been training pretty hard the last 9 weeks trying to improve my upper body strength, I have done quite a bit of weight training. Just need to maintain it for then really.
  5. The new fitness test consists of either the 2.4km run, bleep test or rock port walk (for the fat *******)........ then after 5 minutes you have to carry 2 x 20kg bags (simulating drums of AFFF) over 60 metres. During this 60mtr walk you have to drop the bags and pick both up again every 15mtrs - you have 60 seconds to complete this strength test.
    The strength aspect started in earnest at the beginning of Jan '13 but for the next 12 months you do not have to carry out remedial training if you fail. However, if you fail that, you should be kicked out for being a slack jawed faggot!
    This shouldn't be an issue for the ladies either as their NAAFI carrier bags are normally laden with this amount of nutty!
  6. ...... but don't quote me on that........
  7. OMM

OMM War Hero

I hope the standards are heightened as to create more of a challenge, I don't like being told I will 'piss it' by one of the guys at my AFCO.
  8. None of the stuff mentioned above, which is the new RNFT standards, is currently being tested at the RNACs. The test is a 2.4k run or a bleep test and it is 10% easier than the standard require for the RNFT - so a longer time on the run or a lower MSFT level needed.

The strength testing isn't being introduced until the literature on websites and in pamphlets is updated.
  9. Were you told you'd piss PRMC too?
  10. Do you have any idea who your messing with? Be warned "dutchy" will only take so much! =D
  11. OMM

OMM War Hero

Obviously not.

Looks like you pissed your top ***** course.

Mid-life crisis springs to mind.
  12. Came top of the class. I then went on to be an instructor. That said, I was PO(D), EOD operator and all round mega bloke. You however, by going WE are setting your sights slightly below that of Burger King bin cleaner. Sure you will enjoy a mess full of throbbing twats. You'll fit right in.

Not sure where mid life crisis comes into the equation? Completely out of context.

Anyway isn't it time you went on the 2.4k thread to offer some advice? Dull ****.
  13. OMM

OMM War Hero

Touch a nerve?

Frog-face is human.....
  14. Not at all. I just like reminding you that you're a feltching beefer that gobs off about RM yet is joining the mob (though I have a feeling you're going to struggle) as a WE.

Frog-face? Classic

PS Stop sending me PM's asking for bum fun. It really is demeaning to you.
  15. OMM

OMM War Hero

Gobs off about RM? How?

All those posts regarding the RM were while I was actually in the process.

You think I will struggle as you seem to have judged me from minimal knowledge and the perception of me bring a 'gob-shite' when all I have done is stick up for myself.... Moron.
  16. Touched a nerve?
  17. OMM

OMM War Hero

18. You don't even talk about the RM anymore it's in the past isn't it?

The only knowledge available is from your internet activities. I can't talk anyway, I've never even attempted a PRMC. :thumbup:
  19. Haha this thread though.
    • Like Like x 1