PRNC

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ejenkins, Jan 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Deleted

Thread deleted

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2013
  2. I've got the PRNC fitness standard sheet infront of me.

Female, 16-24 - 13min 15secs

EDIT: You ever watched Twin Town? You better had!

3. Thats alright then Bryn!

Enjoy the PRNC. I've got mine in April/May, looking forward to it!

4. The RN website has a good video on the PRNC. You'll be fine if you can run 2.4km in 12.19, you get 13.15 plus 10%. Dont forget the swim and enjoy it I have a relative thats just been for their PRNC.

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Probably not too shrewd to register a user name that identifies you & then suggest your AFCO isn't particularly well organised.

Are you confusing PJFT (Pre Joining Fitness Test) with the PRNC (Pre Royal Navy Course), I wonder?

PJFT (For females aged 15-24) is 2.4Km on a treadmill in under 13 mins 15 secs
    PRNC (For females aged 15-24) is 2.4Km outdoor run in under 13 mins 15 seconds (with 10% lee-way)

When you commence Initial Naval Training (INT) you must complete the 2.4Km outdoor run in under 13 mins 15 secs with no lee-way.

Assuming your application is now being moved forward as there was a relatively long wait to join your chosen branch, it would be unusual to announce in January 2012 that you will be attending a PRNC from September onwards last year, although it's appreciated Dr Who may have left a Tardis loafing in your area.

Generally a PRNC is usually booked after an entry date is allocated to commence Initial Naval Training, usually within six months of joining. A PJFT, on the other hand, needs to be passed within 28 days of being passed fit at the medical examination.

6. The warm up they do at the prnc is fairly epic well mine was any way, but that should be no excuse to fail it to be honest, one lad found the warm up very hard as he told us he could run the 2.4k in 8.13, after the warm up he managed a 13.50?! Lying prick.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sorry I don't understand, why are you calling your AFCO disorganised? Your posts are hardly clear! Why do you think he's at fault?

8. Still not too clear, however not to worry. I suggest you change your user name slightly and think before you post. You've no ideal who is on RR. I could be your AFCO!

9. who was this? the general lol.

10. AFCO Swansea have been duly reprimanded Ms Jenkins!!

11. Your thinking of the admiral, he failed too but I'm talking about bolt with the pulled hamstring, he thought the best way to impress the staff at the prnc was to call one of them fat and laughed at him because he was up for lossing his job with all the cut backs!

12. Ah that's the one, knew I had got it wrong. Yes know who you mean, I had to share a room with him, let's just say Il keep my opinion of him to myself... see you in 5 weeks.

13. Quick Question - Will the PRNC follow shortly after the interview or before your scheduled to attend Raleigh?

14. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Trying reading the Newbies section, you can work it out for yourself.

15. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The PRNC is usually allocated within 6-12 months of a predicted entry date.