Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

PRNC

D

Deleted 69112

Hi everyone,

Has anyone else got their PRNC at HMS Collingwood on the 5th of August 2019?

That’s good!
My train is about 5 hours and I have to get on two different trains on the way up.

I’ve always been good with my fitness, used to do running an awful lot during school. Can do my 2.4KM run in 14 minutes, which is what I asked of you.

Keep going with the fitness and running. You will need to be a bit faster than 14 mins.
Unless you are over 30 as a female or over 50 as a male☺

I’d like to be able to do it faster but I’ll be okay with 14 minutes, as that’s the time asked:)
What’s your time?

Always give it your best effort. Don't aim just to get in at the maximum time.

The last time i did the 2.4 k run my time was 10.34.
My best was 7.37.

I’ve always been good with my fitness, used to do running an awful lot during school. Can do my 2.4KM run in 14 minutes, which is what I asked of you.
Sounds like a contradiction.
I’d like to be able to do it faster but I’ll be okay with 14 minutes, as that’s the time asked
Unfortunately, that will look like 'not trying' to the PT staff.
You have to hit a time and be seen to be trying harder. Don't think that hitting a time of 14 min at PRNC is good enough, because once you get to Raleigh you will soon see the error of your ways.
There are plenty of stories on here from those who have trod the path and failed.

Sounds like a contradiction.

Unfortunately, that will look like 'not trying' to the PT staff.
You have to hit a time and be seen to be trying harder. Don't think that hitting a time of 14 min at PRNC is good enough, because once you get to Raleigh you will soon see the error of your ways.
There are plenty of stories on here from those who have trod the path and failed.
Thanks for the info. On the PRNC swim test, what is the difference between the pass/fail one (PJST) and the NST?