PRNC

Hey! My PRNC is in may , however I’m super worried about the fitness , I passed the PJFT with no issues and in a good time . I’m going to the gym everyday and attend classes three times a week , I swim once a week and run outside when ever I have time . As I’m only 17 I’m trying to work part time aswell as finish off my college course( I know this is probably a case for a lot of people) . I just don’t know if I’m doing enough fitness , I’m doing as much as my body will let me while also pushing a lot past my comfort zones . I was just wondering if there’s ANYTHING in specific I need to work on in time for when I go? I spoke to my AFCO and they said just upper body strength I was just trying to check with people who have recently passed the PRNC! Thanksss!!!!x

My PRNC was 1.5 mile run, swimming test with and without overalls and then the 4km squad run (with circuits)

So I would just focus on running and circuits. People found the squad run the hardest because it was partly uphill and a stop - start kind of thing. You do burpees, press ups, squats, sit ups. So practice them maybe 10 of each 4 times or something I don’t know it’s your choice. That’s what we done in mine. I’ve focused on swimming A LOT going 3/4 times a week as I’m going to raleigh next week so I’m feeling confident with the running and swimming! So just focus on what you can, sprints as well add them in. And you should be ok! I done my PRNC in October

For prnc I ran twice a week and did a couple of circuits the week before. I was already really fit beforehand tho.
If you’ve got £7 buy Sean lerwils PRMC plan and you’ll smash the phys :)

My PRNC was 1.5 mile run, swimming test with and without overalls and then the 4km squad run (with circuits)

So I would just focus on running and circuits. People found the squad run the hardest because it was partly uphill and a stop - start kind of thing. You do burpees, press ups, squats, sit ups. So practice them maybe 10 of each 4 times or something I don’t know it’s your choice. That’s what we done in mine. I’ve focused on swimming A LOT going 3/4 times a week as I’m going to raleigh next week so I’m feeling confident with the running and swimming! So just focus on what you can, sprints as well add them in. And you should be ok! I done my PRNC in October
omg thank you so much mate! I do struggle with swimming , I’ve never been the sporty type but I’ve managed to keep up with what’s been asked of me so far! Good luck next week!

For prnc I ran twice a week and did a couple of circuits the week before. I was already really fit beforehand tho.
If you’ve got £7 buy Sean lerwils PRMC plan and you’ll smash the phys :)
yeah you see I’ve never been ‘that’ sporty , so it’s made it that little bit more stressful to know what to expect! Omg! I’ll have a look at that now , thank you soo much!!

omg thank you so much mate! I do struggle with swimming , I’ve never been the sporty type but I’ve managed to keep up with what’s been asked of me so far! Good luck next week!
Thank you! I’m excited!

If you’re not necessarily great at swimming I’d say focus on that 100%! Like it definitely is something people struggled with. And practice makes perfect. It is daunting so make sure you’re prepared!