Prnc worry

Hey, I have a prnc Monday, and due to weather and not being able to afford a gym, my run time has gone down, and I struggle to run 1.5 mile, pjft was 9.44 I’m 16 and I’m drastically worried any advice toward this?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
So you've left it to the Friday night to ask, after a sudden loss of fitness?

Had you called your AFCO a week or two ago, your PRNC could have been deferred to permit time to regain your fitness. You won't lose fitness in a couple of weeks and you certainly don't need to train on a treadmill. Besides, most educational establishments have free fitness facilities for students anyway.

As long as you pass the run (with a 10% allowance added to the 11mins 09secs allowed), you'll be OK. If you fail the run markedly, your entry date will be deferred 3 months.

Hopefully that will give you the incentive to pass - you don't have to match your PJFT run time, but you have to pass the run & swim on PRNC.

Traminator

Lantern Swinger
Hey, I have a prnc Monday, and due to weather and not being able to afford a gym, my run time has gone down, and I struggle to run 1.5 mile, pjft was 9.44 I’m 16 and I’m drastically worried any advice toward this?
Utter nonsense!
Apart from a couple of days of snow, how has the weather and not being able to afford a gym stopped you from running round the streets for the past few months?

You say you did 9.44 and now you "struggle to run 1.5 miles" at age 16. That's ridiculous, just get on with it

I did my PRNC this week and they don't take kindly to excuses of any kind.

Get yourself doing circuits at home for next few days till you go. Even running up and down the stairs and running on spot at high tempo.

Just dig deep when you're doing your run and keep in mind how much you want to join up.

Oh and go easy on the breakfast on the morning of your test :D good luck

Last edited:
That’s mental mate, leaving it this late

As soon as i passed my pjft I sacked the gym/treadmill and started running outdoors as that’s what the run at prnc will be, you’ll just have to go for it, if you want it bad enough then persistence and adrenaline will carry you through it

Good luck

How do you think fitness is maintained on board?????? (In any weather). As already mentioned, stairs at home, step ups on boxes etc. There is loads you can do without leaving the comfort of your home. Just needs some self motivation and a little imagination. (Sadly not found on PS4/XBox* (* delete as applicable).
Jack is motivated and will find all kinds of cramped places to maintain their fitness on board.
If its sympathy and guidance you want - too late buddy.
Just do your best - its all anyone can do.

LateToTheParty

Lantern Swinger
I’m almost 30 and passed the pjft, rnft and swim test x3 whilst being gripped by toncilitis having sat on my arse for 9 months prior and stress tabbing. I had 3.5 weeks from re activating my appliaction to going through the gate at Raleigh. At 16 you should be p1ssing the fitness without too much trouble .... my god I’ve become a grumpy so and so lately haha

Get off your keyboard, and stop being a couch potatoes and hit the road, if you are that unfit at 16 you have problems, all you have to do is pass, not prove your an Olympic runner, if you pass call that lucky, and vow not to let yourself down like that again.

Come on leave the lad alone, He doesn't even know how old he is, but it could be either 16 or 18. o_O
Maybe that's why he's worried, he was OK at 16 but after 2 years of vegging, he's a tadge unfit and the weather over the last 2 years has not helpedo_O

Faded

Midshipman
Oh and go easy on the breakfast on the morning of your test :D good luck
I don't know how much time you get between breakfast and the run but really you want to have a big breakfast (and hydrate the night before) you'll need all the energy you can get for the run and the rest of the day.

ok prep time, hydrate well over weekend, stack up on complex carbs, not sugar, gentle exercise and stretching no need for injuries or strains this close, warm up and stretch well, before run. That will give you the best chance due to your lack of training.
No repeat No alcohol, over this weekend.

When you say if you fail the PRNC your date gets deffered 3 months? does that mean you have to do the PRNC again or your date would just get moved?

I don't know how much time you get between breakfast and the run but really you want to have a big breakfast (and hydrate the night before) you'll need all the energy you can get for the run and the rest of the day.
Breakfast was at 7am and the run was at 9.30am. Up to the individual I guess but we were advised to avoid the fried breakfast. Unfortunately two saw their breakfasts again after the run and swim.

Faded

Midshipman
Breakfast was at 7am and the run was at 9.30am. Up to the individual I guess but we were advised to avoid the fried breakfast. Unfortunately two saw their breakfasts again after the run and swim.
Fair one, but don't underestimate how important breakfast is! I know what you mean about fired breakfasts, I only had them out of necessity.

I stuck to cereal and toast on test days, didn’t stop me losing it during IMF pass out though haha

Voming milk down the inside of your pt top isn’t the nicest smell for your oppo just before the ab circuit