PRNC worries

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Chaz09, Oct 24, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

I am 28 almost and headed to rosyth for the PRNC course. I am worried though, work commitments haven't allowed me as much training time as I reckon I would have needed! At 18 I would have nailed it! Last time I did the run it was still over 12 mins on a treadmill. Hopefully my competitive mindset and determination will get me through. Has anyone done this course recently when a little older?
  2. Not done the course when older but what i would say is get there and give it 100%. Sometimes it is easier when there is a group of you as you have pace setters. Do you think that you could pass the run with the extra 10%? If you can do the run then remember that that part is just a section of the whole PRNC. IF you do fail then i think you get invited back a few months later i.e delaying your application but best to check that with your AFCO
  3. I didn't know about the extra 10% that is good news! I'll go give it my best shot thank you x
  4. I'm doing mine in about 3 weeks and I'm older. Just try to do the key things if you can like a run and swim a week at least that's something
  5. If I was you I would get out on the road as much as you can before you go. You get 10% extra at prnc but your best off not using it. Just make sure that you give 100% it's 12 mins of your life... Throw up if you need to
  6. I will thanks sick don't scare me it's on Monday so almost done all I can now x
  7. Just don't worry about it. I was up at the RNAC centre the other day on a look at life course. Work hard and you will feel amazing! BO all out and give 100% nothing else you can do.
  8. thanks folks x
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Having a job doesn't excuse fitness preparations unfortunately.

So far this year dozens of potential joiners have lost their job offer for not meeting the entry standards on PRNC or upon arrival for Initial Naval Training.

The choice is painfully obvious.

Good luck.
  10. It's not an excuse. It's a fact. I didn't say I haven't prepared, only that I hadn't been able to train as much as I would like. I'm more determined than ever now thank you
  11. Think sometime trying to find the time can be a pain. I'm working 9-5 with a disabled girlfriend and 2 kids, I find HIIT sessions at my local gym is good during the week if I can't get time to get out on the road. Maybe have a look at them. Good luck though
  12. That must be tough! Never heard of that so I will and Thank you :)
  13. What's a HIIT session?
  14. Think it stands for high intensity interval training but dont quote me on it. At my gym they last around 45 minutes but it is a good all over workout
  15. That is just what works for me though, everyone is different and you need to find what works for you
  16. I was thinking about attending one of those classes next week; my gym holds free classes at various points throughout the day. Saw HIIT on there but didn't have an explanation about what it was. I'll give it a go and see what happens :)
  17. Cool, hope you enjoy it
  18. I think being over 25 and female we have a time limit of 13.50? X
    • Like Like x 1
  19. It doesn't matter what gender you are or what age you are. Aim to get your run time down as low as possible. Don't think to yourself all I have to get is 13:50, try and aim a lot lower than that. Now is the time you can train at your own discretion, make it easy for yourself once you actually get to PRNC or Raleigh. Struggling with the phys because you only just scraped a pass on the run at PRNC won't do you any favours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk