PRNC - When are you going?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Rah-Rah, Jun 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hiya all!

Don't think there's a thread for this so thought I'd start one :) I've recently been given my start date for HMS Raleigh (15th January) and as the 4 day course is now compulsory, have been given my date for that for September 5th at HMS Collingwood. Is anyone else going that week? I haven't been on one before and am quite excited about it!

Has anyone else had their dates through? xx

2. Going Raleigh 29th of January. PRNC 12 September.

3. im going the 5th september too, start date at Raleigh is the 25th september

4. Next week, but no doubt I will be going again post-September as that is when it becomes a compulsary Pass/Fail Course

5. I doubt you'll be going to HMS Collingwood though would you? Or are you?? lol

6. This is to DublinRum by the way :)

7. I've got mine on 10th October at HMS Caledonia in Rosyth. I'm not a hundred percent sure what to expect really. I've been on a couple of acquaint courses and a leadership course at HMS Collingwood. Will it just be more of the same? Anyway, if all goes to plan I'll be in Raleigh on 19th February, and without wish my life away too much it can't come fast enough!

8. I was told by my careers advisor that it was not an overall pass or fail course but the swim test and fitness test where a pass or fail. It apparently gives you an idea of what you need to work on before HMS Raleigh.

9. Its a little snippet of what to expect at Raleigh.

10. Im goin in on the 18th of march 2012. PRNC 17th of october

11. no im going up to scotland

12. 10 October rnac.. No joining date yet tho... Anyone no what you can fail for on this course?

13. 26th September hms collingwood,
    as far as I can make out from the paper work, it's a pass fail on the run and swim.

14. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I would think that you can fail anything to do with the course, not just the fitness aspect, if you turn up in shit order with attitude why should the navy bother wasting time on you when there are litterally hundreds waiting to join?

In short go tidily dressed, prepared to listened and work hard, doing your best at everything thrown at you.

15. Hi all, im new to this forum and I hope my efforts in finding the correct topic was right! Has anyone got their date for PRNC that is for this year if so when did you pass your RT? Many Thanks

16. I am off to Collingwood on the 20th May. Passed my RT August 2010

17. I'm off to MOD Caledonia on the 29th April, anyone else going there then?

18. I go to MOD Caledonia April 29th as well, see you there!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

19. Caledonia 22nd April

20. OMM

OMM War Hero

PRNC confirmed 26th Aug HMS Collingwood.