PRNC Video Brief now available; Feedback request

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Ninja_Stoker, Jan 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

For those wondering what it's all about, what are the pass/fail elements, what the swimming test involves, what time you get up, why you only need civilian clothes to travel to/from...spare 3 minutes & 45 seconds of your time and have a look at the new video.

Royal Navy Acquaint Days | Royal Navy

For those that wish to, feedback is very much welcomed.

As an aside it would also be interesting to hear, from those applying to join the Service:

Are you or any of your contemporaries aware of any realistic reasons why it would not be practical during the selection process to complete your application forms online and conduct correspondence via email throughout the selection process?

In other words, would the Royal Navy realistically disadvantage any groups in society if we went 'electronic'?
  2. Good video that, clear, explains a lot and is very intriguing.

Pretty simple to me what we have to do, get fit, stay fit, keep the gob shut and turn up giving your best and there should not be any problem at PRNC.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Very informative video.Interesting that the 2.4K times are longer than the pre joining test on initial recruiting stage.

Male 15-24 12 min 20 secs
    Female 14 min 35 secs

Male 11min 13sec
    Female 13min 15sec
  4. My only concern would be those bits of the UK that are not wired for interweb - specifically the deepest, darkest bits of the up and down countryside. But then, they might be put off by seeing someone from outside their valley, glen or moor ;) .
  5. Duesex should be fine then!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Are they all actors in that vid?

Its great. Good insight into what the course is actually like and im glad that blonde said the phys was actually hard because i think alot of girlies turn up expecting it to be easy! :laughing2:
  7. Ninja_Stoker

I'm fairly sure all secondary school, colleges & uni students have free internet access & many libraries offer free access. I'm wondering if there are any areas in UK bereft of free internet access?
  8. [safeguard]

I know there are parts of cumbria and wales where there are significant access issues to the internet at "decent" speeds. They might be able to access it, but it would probably disadvantage a dozen or so people a year. The question is "is the RN willing to take that hit on loss of recruiting pool"?

9. Ninja, Is this video available from "internal" sites?
  10. Ninja_Stoker

I'm afraid not. That marvel which is EGS prevents online viewing on Dii. Good innit?
  11. Where is the black rubber brick??????? Lol
  12. Having just watched. I noticed the two new lads that joined my ship before Xmas are in this vid. I will have to take the piss when I see them after my leave finished :D
  13. fishface

fishface Badgeman Book Reviewer

The vid is very good. One problem though...the page has the old run times on!
  14. On PRNC those are the run times, you get the extra 10%
  15. Good vid BTW - lots of familiar faces from MWS there.
  16. Good vid....perhaps one day we'll be able to see it on dii at work. Maybe not. So the AFCO won't be able to show it unless CNR puts it on a DVD and sends it out.
  17. fishface

fishface Badgeman Book Reviewer

Really? My CA said otherwise yesteday.
  18. I've been on the PRNC, you definitely get the extra 10%
  19. Ninja_Stoker

Correct, however your AFCO will want to know why you are taking longer to complete the run on PRNC if you have already passed your PJFT without the 10% allowance because it does not bode well with regard your physical preparations to commence Initial Naval Training.

The 10% is there, if you like, as a "safety blanket" - if you are more than 10% outside the conventional run-times, you aren't joining when you thought you were.
  20. Ninja_Stoker