PRNC on Monday

First post here, have been reading quite a few threads here since start of recruitment process.
Have my PRNC on Monday (South), was just wondering if anyone has any advice regarding it.
Cheers

Let us know how you get on my lad has his in a couple of weeks
Yeah I really enjoyed it. We did the swim test on the Tuesday and the Run followed by an IMF session on the Thursday. There were a lot of briefs about phase 1 and 2 training. The ship visit didn't happen due to covid restrictions but we got to go to the aircraft hangar instead, got to chat to some people who were recently out of Raleigh and asked them a few questions about what to expect etc. There is a kit/room inspection on the Thursday morning, they give you plenty of time before hand to get your kit folded properly and your bedsheets ironed etc.
If you've got any questions about anything specific let me know. All in all though it was a positive experience and it's a good insight into what life is going to be like in phase 1. The food was surprisingly pretty good and we also had our own private room which I was not expecting.

Civvie dad

Badgeman
Yeah I really enjoyed it. We did the swim test on the Tuesday and the Run followed by an IMF session on the Thursday. There were a lot of briefs about phase 1 and 2 training. The ship visit didn't happen due to covid restrictions but we got to go to the aircraft hangar instead, got to chat to some people who were recently out of Raleigh and asked them a few questions about what to expect etc. There is a kit/room inspection on the Thursday morning, they give you plenty of time before hand to get your kit folded properly and your bedsheets ironed etc.
If you've got any questions about anything specific let me know. All in all though it was a positive experience and it's a good insight into what life is going to be like in phase 1. The food was surprisingly pretty good and we also had our own private room which I was not expecting.
Grand, thanks very much ,he’s enjoying his last few days of freedom before his 10 day isolation starts prior to going , then he’s got another few days of freedom before isolating prior to Going proper

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
Grand, thanks very much ,he’s enjoying his last few days of freedom before his 10 day isolation starts prior to going , then he’s got another few days of freedom before isolating prior to Going proper
Hmm
Barrack Rom Lawyer mode:

Do the RN pay for the ten days isolation? If the ten days are are requirement of employment, then it could be argued that an INT starts his/her employment at the time one commences taking instructions from that employer. Which, in this case, is the ten days prior to arriving at the gate of RAL/BRNC.

Exit Barrack room lawyer mode.

Latest Threads