PRNC - My 4 days! Hope this helps.

Zeb

Lantern Swinger
My son seems to be enjoying his PRNC but his room mate got sent home today for failing his run not a good start for him!

Hi guys,

I have only just applied for Writer. I have my RNT on the 29th which I'm sure I will smash. I'm 30/ f and not exactly a picture of fitness. BMI is fine but worried my upper body strength is crap. 2 things I'm worried about when I'm on PRNC is the rope climb. Is this pass/ fail? And pulling myself out of the pool .. I'm sure I will be fine but don't want people to remember me as shamoo flapping about!
I need to build my upper body and will practice pulling myself out of the pool. But where can I practice ropes? Do people bother or just wing it on the day?

Any suggestions welcome!

Cheers :)

Jb12345

Could someone help.
I've been training for prnc for a while now and am trying to find out about sit up and press up test. Do you work in pairs as have been training with feet secured for sit ups?

SeaBiza15

When I was there a few year ago you work in pairs, one stands on the feet while the other does the sit ups and for press ups one places there fist on the floor as a target to get down to while the other presses up.

rodels1992

Midshipman
Could someone help.
I've been training for prnc for a while now and am trying to find out about sit up and press up test. Do you work in pairs as have been training with feet secured for sit ups?
Had mine two weeks ago and as Seabiza says it was still the same one person lies down with their thumb up for you to do push ups, and then for sit ups your partner holds your feet

rodels1992

Midshipman
Nice one cheers! How was the rest of the prnc I'm buzzing for it!
It's a good laugh once you all relax a little and start to make mates etc, the fitness isn't easy and they will push you but just make sure you give 100% at everything and you'll be fine. Even when your absolutely knackered just keep going. The feeling after is amazing

Jb12345

I'm looking forward to it. On the 2.4km run is the time allocated the same as in your pjft or is there a slight increase? Also many people have said the press ups and sit-ups are to best effort is this also the case ?

rodels1992

Midshipman
For the 2.4km run you get extra time, I think it's 10% but try not to use it, I found it a lot easier on the day with the adrenaline and because you all set off running together so it kinda gives you a bit of a boost as you can see where everyone else is and you try to keep up or take over people. Push ups and sit ups are best effort and they are done to a bleep test. Max is 40 push ups and 60 sit ups. Although it's not pass/fail your score will be sent to Raliegh and they consider 23 push ups and I think it's 37 sit ups as the pass mark

Jake K

Midshipman
ahh thanks man this has calmed me down a little ahah. I have my PRNC on the 22nd febuary so in 5 days and im getting nervous now. Mine is at caledonia thogh and cold kills me when running aha.