PRNC - My 4 days! Hope this helps.

DTM

Midshipman
That's how I feel I'm yet to do mine too, these posts are good tho aren't they, get clued up before hand :)

fenderct

Midshipman
22nd of March :) ET (WECIS)

Good luck with your training!
Hey i know that this is a bit long due but I'm gonna ask you anyway, I'm also going in as a ET (WECIS) and I was wondering if there was any information that you could give me that I might not have known already? Thanks:)

James

cheesybeans17

Midshipman
Can anyone please tell me if you need to take some form of ID on PRNC, i.e. Passport?

I realise I need it for Raleigh but thought some form of ID would be required when arriving on Monday.

Many thanks for any advice.

IlikeB33r

Lantern Swinger
Can anyone please tell me if you need to take some form of ID on PRNC, i.e. Passport?

I realise I need it for Raleigh but thought some form of ID would be required when arriving on Monday.

Many thanks for any advice.
I thought the train ticket justified you getting on the bus?

Karlish

Badgeman
I thought the train ticket justified you getting on the bus?
Yeah, I wasn't asked for any ID prior to getting onto the mini bus (nor was anyone else)
Just needed to show your train ticket so they could jot down some details from it and on you get. Just look for the smartly dressed, nervous looking people outside the train station entrance and mingle with them.

Hi

I just had my PRNC, came back today!

It has all changed.
What you said is correct but they have now introduced a SQUAD RUN which is 3 mile run as a SQUAD around Collingwood, stopping off to do press ups, maybe sit-ups, squats and other exercises incorporating some sprints in there and a lot of people threw up!
Its not easy, you will find it easier if your fitness is up to standard if not you will find it difficult. All the staff are very helpful and supportive, they all want you to pass so they are not completely unsensitive, if you cant do an exercises, they don't hate on you, as long as youre seen to be trying with 100% effort to complete the task, if not they will deem you as 'giving up'. If you can only do 1 pressup, but youre trying your hardest to do 2, that is more commendable and it shows youre trying and not giving in, they like that.

Looking back its amazing, but you will wish the phys is over when youre actually doing it.

good luck people!!!

This has made me feel so much better! I'm going next monday and all I've been worried about is how awful my press ups are! Thank you

Zeb

Lantern Swinger
Silly question alert on behalf of my son but what size towel should be sent for kit folding? Assume normal bath towel and not bath sheet or hand towel lol

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Joining the Royal Navy 1
SnowGoose Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
A Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21