Prnc letter train station times

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by hello_there, Aug 3, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In the prnc letter I have to enter what time I will be arriving at the train station, but I have not recieved my train tickets yet so I don't know the exact time, it just says to arrive between 12:00 and 14:00. I was waiting for my tickets to come but they haven't yet and I got a missed call and message left from the careers office saying I need to send in and sign the paperwork.

Should I leave it blank and do they fill that in or what ?
  2. If you know what trains you will need to catch to get there at the required time use them as a guide. If it all goes pear-shaped at the last minute will just have to re-advise when you have a definite time.
    • Old Old x 1
  3. Well it's 3 month away so I have no idea really.
  4. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Can't you just put between 1200 and 1400?
  5. That would be 1300 then ;)
    • Like Like x 2
  6. I don't know. The way it's worded it sounds like they are wanting a specific time, which would make sense I suppose but I do not have the tickets yet. I don't want to put down a time and then arrive at a different time, I'll ring the afco tomorrow.
  7. If in doubt, turn up at 1200 and wait until they turn up, simples.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The prnc letter usually doesn't have train times filled out because the tickets are not booked more than about a month ahead.

E-tickets, together with the travel itinery will be emailed to you about four weeks in advance of your PRNC.

If in doubt, contact your AFCO.