Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PRNC Kit Question

iipodgeii

Badgeman
Got a few questions for my upcoming prnc 23rd till 26th Jan! , which would be better a suitcase or a dufflebag? Im leaning towards suitcase but i dont want to looklike ive overpacked for just 4 days
Also it states i should bring sports shorts amd tshirts, can these be shorts amd shorts that i already own and use at the gym or should i have a specific style of sport kit?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Tigerpaw

Lantern Swinger
Got a few questions for my upcoming prnc 23rd till 26th Jan! , which would be better a suitcase or a dufflebag? Im leaning towards suitcase but i dont want to looklike ive overpacked for just 4 days
Also it states i should bring sports shorts amd tshirts, can these be shorts amd shorts that i already own and use at the gym or should i have a specific style of sport kit?
Thanks in advance

In all honesty, I don't think it matters too much. I will be using a holdall. So long as you have everything needed for the 4 days, I'm sure they won't mind if you have bin bags!

Twids

Badgeman
Thanks in advance

Any sports kit you want is fine, just be sensible. I'd recommend taking both jogging bottoms and shorts just incase it's freezing. And they won't care what you've brought your stuff in. I took a backpack for small stuff (phone charger etc) and some clothes in a small duffel bag.

Real Name

Midshipman
Thanks in advance

It doesn't matter what you bring your kit in, (I brought a duffel bag, its easier on a train) but many people brought suitcases. No one cares. You might be overthinking it all ;)

Sports shorts and T-shirts are just what you would go to the gym in normally. You use your own kit for the timed run and the physical in the gym. I think it says the shorts have to be above knee high (so no trackies, even if its cold).

You will use the shorts and T-shirt provided in the kit they give you for the squad run, its a good laugh.

Good luck.

l4l4

Midshipman
Are the running times the same as your PJFT? Read on the navy website and somewhere else there's an extra 10% on? I'm doing it well within time anyway but just curious

iipodgeii

Badgeman
Are the running times the same as your PJFT? Read on the navy website and somewhere else there's an extra 10% on? I'm doing it well within time anyway but just curious
Yes the running times are the same as pjft, ive heard that you should not use the extra 10% time as that can class as a fail.

Tigerpaw

Lantern Swinger
Beards ok at PRNC? I've asked before on another thread but need to make sure :D

I had mine last week and nothing was said to me about my beard. Instructors just said that you need to make sure that you're shaving daily by the time you get to raleigh so that your skin is used to it.

iipodgeii

Badgeman
Yeah beards were ok but for first impressions, especially in front of the Warrent officer, i shaved mine away, one guy at my prnc last thursday had a huge neat beard, even the staff were complimenting it.

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Yeah beards were ok but for first impressions, especially in front of the Warrent officer, i shaved mine away, one guy at my prnc last thursday had a huge neat beard, even the staff were complimenting it.

Beard envy. It's a sailor thing :)

t100mpr

Midshipman
That's good to know! Was unsure about beards in phase 2. Defo no beards at Raleigh then? I watched royal navy school again recently and the PO walked passed a recruit and said "shit beard Henderson" had me confused :confused:

Twids

Badgeman
That's good to know! Was unsure about beards in phase 2. Defo no beards at Raleigh then? I watched royal navy school again recently and the PO walked passed a recruit and said "shit beard Henderson" had me confused :confused:

While I was there you could only have a beard at Raleigh if you had an incredibly bad reaction to shaving, and I'm talking weeping sores and stuff. I have no idea about that RN school show but the PO might have been taking the piss, hard to tell. But yeah since a few weeks ago you can apply for a beard in phase 2 at collingwood. I would assume this applies to other training establishments but don't take this as gospel !

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A 3x Sports Shorts PRNC Kit List Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
J PRNC Kit list Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
B Any one have the kit list for the prnc? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
S PRNC Current Affairs 3
T PRNC Joining the Royal Navy 9
C PRNC 15TH JUNE HMS COLLINGWOOD Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 38
J Prnc Mod Caldonia 11th May Has been cancelled Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
J PRNC May 11th Mod Caladonia 2020 cancelled Joining the Royal Navy 3
J Twisted ankle! PRNC Joining the Royal Navy 9
S PRNC March 16th Joining the Royal Navy 19
Gematria Insoles at PRNC and Raleigh? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
S Training for PRNC Joining the Royal Navy 7
E Beep test at the prnc and royal navy portal issues Joining the Royal Navy 2
T Caledonia - PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
M Just done PRNC and have joining date, but have doubts too Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
I PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
J PRNC Joining the Royal Navy 1
I PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
I PRNC Joining the Royal Navy 0
1 PRNC January 13th 2020 Joining the Royal Navy 3
J Prnc Joining the Royal Navy 8
SnowGoose PRNC Train tickets Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MorganCUFC PRNC and HMS Raleigh dates Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
D Should I wait until PRNC? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
D PRNC 2 December 2019 Joining the Royal Navy 13
D PRNC 2019 October Joining the Royal Navy 4
O RNAC(S)/ PRNC 21 October 2019 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
J PRNC Coming up Joining the Royal Navy 3
R Do you have to do another Pass or Fail interview at the PRNC? Joining the Royal Navy 4
B PRNC Joining the Royal Navy 7
D PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
J PRNC South - 03rd June 2019 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
D PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
Stublurt PRNC. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
P PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
S PRNC 1st April -HMS COLLINGWOOD Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
Gor9819 PRNC Date/Start Date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
S PRNC HMS Collingwood - 17th June 2019 Joining the Royal Navy 48
L PRNC cancelled, straight to Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 38
LeedsBornLeedsBred MOD Caledonia - PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
B PRNC day by day Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
T Security clearance & PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
B Prnc breifing Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
J PRNC Joining the Royal Navy 4
H Royal Navy PRNC - April 1st 2019 Joining the Royal Navy 48
Max9393 PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Quasar PRNC on the 25th of Feb in Portsmouth? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
R PRNC 13th May 2019 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
J PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
P PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6