PRNC Kit list

I have my PRNC on the 3rd feb and I still have not received my kit list letter from my AFCO. I go a week on Monday, so should I have already received the kit list? Or should I just give my AFCO a ring tomorrow morning.

Thanks!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

I have all my letters and tickets, just not the kit list! Haha I'll call my AFCO tomorrow

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Make sure you take the right suitcase, iron and ironing board.

The PRNC staff can be quite funny about it, and might be tempted to send you home if it doesn't conform to current regulations.

Maybe.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The kitlist should be within the joining letter - it's an integral part of it.

PRNC Joining Letter said:
PRNC(R) KIT LIST

1. Two bath towels.

2. Toiletries, including soap, shaving equipment (for males), hairbrush, toothbrush and toothpaste.

3. A suitable pair of running trainers. These should not be thin soled fashion trainers but a thick soled, cushioned and supported pair of running shoes that mitigate the high impact nature of running on a track. Without proper running trainers, the probability of shin splints and injury is increased. A proper pair of running shoes can also help you run faster and is an essential part of fitness training prior to and during your time at HMS RALEIGH.

Examples of footwear that are unsuitable for running due to insufficient cushioning and support are shown below:

[TABLE="align: left"]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2"][/TD]
[TD="align: left"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="align: left"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

View attachment 8889 View attachment 8890
[h=1]4. Sports clothing: 2 x t-shirts, sport shorts (no longer than knee length for first aid reasons), suitable running shoes (see Para 3 above) and 2 x sports socks for PT. Females are advised to bring sports bras.[/h]
5. Swimming costume/trunks. Females are to bring a one piece swimsuit (no bikinis) and if males are wearing swim shorts, they must be double lined.

6. Black shoe polish and brushes, polishing brushes, soft cleaning cloth/cotton wool.

7. Sufficient underwear to last 4 days and 2 x thick socks.

8. Civilian clothing for travelling. There will be no opportunity to wear civilian clothing other than when joining and departing MOD CALEDONIA.

Males: Shirt with collar attached, tie, trousers (not jeans) and shoes.
Females: Blouse, trousers or skirt (minimum knee length) and shoes.

9. Enough cash for sundries (£25 is usually sufficient). Some of this should be small change for use in vending machines within RNAC.

7. Sufficient underwear to last 4 days and 2 x thick socks.

Ah, so just the set of dunghampers you are wearing when you arrive then. Sorted.

And when will they find the time to use BOTH socks?